Intruder

The dining rooms connected both manors. They were the only way for him to get to the garden. And even though the only thing actually separating the residences were thin red curtains, it didn't change Joseph's hair-raising fear of trespassing. Who knew what would happen if the survivors found an intruder wandering around inside their walls? How would they react? And more importantly, if the Host found out, what punishment would he receive?

The photographer took a deep breath and stepped forward. There was no coming back after this. He was now inside the opponent's manor. He walked up to the wooden double door to his right. It looked scary, twice the size of the Hunter.

Joseph held the handle and twisted it firmly, peeking for safety, just to make sure. No one was there. He then walked past the main hall, to another dining room - the one actually meant for eating.

It didn't take much time for him to realize he was lost. The random dressing screens put up in odd places weren't helping either.

"What is so important you have to bring me down here to tell me?"

He jumped. The voice of a woman and the sound of footsteps echoed from the other room. If he didn't want to be seen, he had to act fast.

Joseph ran through the massive corridor making the lowest noises. Right at the end of it, three things caught his eye: another small corridor to his left, which looked like a laundry; a big closet to the right, big enough for a person to fit in; and a door to his front, with a plaque that read "garden".

He had found his destiny, but yet couldn't reach it. The door was locked.

Thinking fast, Joseph cramped himself into the closet. Just like a survivor would do, he called to mind.

As he hid, two survivors stormed in. The cowboy and the perfumer, if he's not mistaken. The woman wearing a purple dress had her eyebrows close together, clearly not keeping up with her teammate's line of thought. The man, however, looked determined, like all is life depended on bringing this very person to a laundry. With a fast turn, he pressed the girl's back on the wall looking deep into her eyes while smirking faintly.

Joseph rolled his eyes from inside the closet. Oh, here it comes.

The perfumer's expression wasn't convincing. Whether she enjoyed the situation or not, it didn't seem clear. Apparently, the cowboy did not bother with this. He pinned her up a little more, smirk growing on his face, in an attempt to seduce.

What a jerk. Joseph rolled his eyes once again. He didn't call coming here for a live make out session. At least not one where these two were included.

"Kevin Alonso! I am assuming you don't have to be reminded of whose turn to do the laundry it is!" Other female voice, authoritative, came from the main hallway. "I hope that's what you're doing there!"

The cowboy let his head fall on the perfumer's shoulder, resting there in an act of frustration. "Ugh, not now, Emily!"

"I should get my clothes..." The perfumer gently pushed him off her. Joseph could feel the awkwardness of the situation creeping through his skin.

"Yeah, do that..." Kevin watched her walking her way out. "I should do the same." He said to himself, following her steps.

When he felt like the coast was clear, Joseph pushed the closet's doors and got out. He brought a hand to his chest and sighed in relief. Then the garden's door burst open with a loud bang that made him jump.

Aesop was shaking a key chain on his hand from the other side of the door frame. He had a grin on his face. Joseph knew he did, even without being able to see it. Aesop bowed, signing him to come out with his arm. "Make yourself at home. We have a lot to talk about."

==============================

This chapter is really late. I was having a little *cof* procrastination problem, but I am back now, for good. And I am on vacation now, so I hope I can write more. :)