Lightbulb stayed with Paintbrush for at least an hour. She didn't want to leave them, but Test Tube said that it was a good idea for her to come out with everyone else whenever she was ready. At first, she hesitated, wanting to stay with Paintbrush, but she soon decided to at least try lifting her spirits by talking with the others.

So, assuring Paintbrush that she'd be back (even though they couldn't hear her), she stood up, blew them a kiss, and left the room to see what everyone else was doing.

When she entered the living room, any and all conversation stopped. OJ apologized, as did Test Tube and a few others. Some avoided eye contact. Either way, she could assume they were all talking about Paintbrush, from how abruptly the room grew silent.

Test Tube was the first to speak, explaining to Lightbulb that she was telling them about Paintbrush's current situation. She teared up a little hearing their name, but she rubbed those tears away before she thought anyone would notice.

"... I'm sorry, Lightbulb. They all have the right to know, and I need to tell them so they know where Paintbrush went."

OJ, remaining silent, stood and walked over to Lightbulb, gently putting his hand on her back to lead her to the couch, where she silently sat and didn't look away from her hands.

"I don't want to tell you what could happen," TT mumbled, hugging Lightbulb since the two of them were sitting beside one another. "I'm so sorry."

Lightbulb stayed silent. OJ made a slight gesture for everyone to leave her be. Their conversation continued, on a different topic this time, and LB stayed right there in TT's arms. She'd gently taken Tube's wrist in her left hand, leaning heavily against her. Occasionally, she would look down to Lightbulb and whisper "they're gonna be okay" to her.

Lightbulb wasn't entirely convinced. She appreciated the reassurance, though. She only half-listened to the conversation, mostly keeping close to Test Tube and trying to convince herself that Paintbrush will be okay.

After half an hour of talking, Lightbulb sighed softly, looking up at Test Tube and going back to the bedroom where Paintbrush was being kept.

They were still unconscious on the bed. She sighed, opened up the curtains, then the window. A cool spring breeze rushed in, taking the heat of the room out with it. The sunlight shone in, lighting up the room and landing perfectly on Painty, making their bristles glitter and their freckles stand out against the rest of their face. Lightbulb wished that would wake them, but they didn't even react when she looked. She took a deep breath and walked over to them, hesitating and stopping herself before taking their burning hand.

She talked to them, telling them a story she heard from her grandmother when she was young. She figured they'd enjoy it, despite the fact they wouldn't know she was telling them.

But there's no harm in telling stories. That's what she thinks, anyway.

She laid on the bed beside them, her voice wavering as she spoke, but Paintbrush didn't mind. She liked to think they were listening to her and taking in every word, even if she occasionally slipped into Spanish by mistake.

They didn't say a word, but Lightbulb told the story anyway, still believing they were listening to her. Of course, she didn't think about what Test Tube may have wanted to tell her, since she wanted to be unaware of the risks and dangers of this. They were going to be okay. She knew they were. They had to be.