iPropose

It was Friday morning, and Sam Puckett ran breathlessly into the Shay apartment. Carly's older brother, Spencer Shay was sitting at the kitchen counter, watching the computer screen, where the iCarly web show would be broadcasting live in fifteen minutes. He was drinking some kind of thick smoothie with a very weird color. Sam stopped at the foot of the stairs, and backtracked to where Spencer sat sipping his smoothie.

"Hey, Spencer?"asked Sam.

"Yuh-huh?"

"What in God's name are you drinking?"

He showed it to her proudly, as if hosting Let's Make A Deal."A Kiwi-lime protein shake blended with ever-so-sweet-and-salty sweet potato fries."

"Huh," said Sam, interested. Then without a second's hesitation, she took it from him, and took a sip. "Thanks."

Smoothie in hand, Sam hurried up the stairs. Spencer just watched her go as if she'd just stolen his new puppy. "She just stole my Kiwi-lime protein shake blended with ever-so-sweet-and-salty sweet potato fries," he said sadly, already missing the sweet and salty goodness.

CARLY

Upstairs in the loft where I and my best friends Sam Puckett and Freddie Bensen shot our web show, iCarly, Sam burst in the door. She took a sip of her new shake, and said. "Thank God. He isn't here, yet."

I just looked at her funny. "What are you drinking?"

"A Kiwi-lime protein shake blended with ever-so-sweet-and-salty sweet potato fries."

"Where did you –"

"Spencer," we said together.

"Freddie should be here any minute," I said excitedly.

"Is our guest here?" asked Sam.

"She's in the bathroom," I told her.

"You know," Sam said, as she pulled the lid off the shake and chugged the rest of it down. "I still can't believe it's actually happening."

"I know," I said. "Freddie's finally 18! Now it won't be the weird She's-eighteen-and-her-boyfriend's-only-seventeen."

"Truuuue...." said Sam slowly. "But you know that's not what I'm talking about."

My face fell. "I know. But I'm worried he'll be really upset when I tell him."

Sam laughed. "Are you kidding? The kid's been crazy about you since Kindergarten. He's gonna love being a –"

She immediately shut up as Freddie walked in with a big smile.

"Hey, Fredward," said Sam teasingly. "You better watch out for rats with a grin full of that much cheese."

He ignored her – something he got surprisingly very good at it – and walked over to me. He kissed me passionately, and Sam grimaced. "Okay, break it up, guys. You get yourselves a room while I go find me a barf bag."

Freddie just grinned at her. "Jealous?"

"Oh, yeah," said Sam sarcastically. "There's nothing I would love more than having your tongue shoved down my throat. And just FYI, the show starts in, like thirty seconds."

"Crap," said Freddie, totally having forgotten the time. Hell, when he was kissing me, he seemed to forget his own name. He hurried over to his sweet, high-tech filming gear, as Sam and I got in our places. He started the countdown. "In 5...4...3...2...1...!" He hit the record button, and the show was on.

"Hi," I said, excitedly. "I'm the lovable Carly!"

"And I'm the hateable Sam!" Sam pitched in.

"This can be true," I added.