iMove Out

Everybody, Sam, Freddie, Spencer, me and Mrs. Bensen, were gathered in the living room. Mixed emotions were all over, the tension of the awkward silence was so thick you couldn't even cut it with a knife. I was nervous. Sam was freaked out. Freddie was terrified. Spencer was worried. Mrs. Bensen was livid.

"This is all your fault!" said Mrs. Bensen, pointing a finger at me.

"No it's not, Mom!" Freddie said, angrily. "I'm 18! Legally able to be a father."

"But you weren't when you knocked her up!" Mrs. Bensen said. "You were 17, and she was 18! She could be thrown in jail."

"Huh?" I said, terrified. Mrs. Bensen was mean, but could she possibly be mean enough to throw a pregnant girl in jail?

"Mrs. Bensen," Spencer cut in.

"Sit!" she yelled, glaring at Spencer. He immediately sat back down. "I'm not going to call the police," Mrs. Bensen said. "But the baby has to go."

"What????" said Freddie, Sam, Spencer & me at the same time. Was the woman crazy?

"Abortion is illegal!" said Freddie angrily.

"Well so is a 17-year-old having sex with an 18-year-old," argued Mrs. Bensen. "I happen to have a good friend that runs a private abortion clinic that will make sure everything is taken care of. Ask yourself which is the worst crime? Abortion of a bunch of cells, or pedophilia?"

"Murder," Freddie said. "Abortion is murder. That is a much worse crime than a 17-year-old...doing the deed....just a few weeks before his 18th birthday."

Mrs. Bensen looked torn between what to do. "What did I always tell you Freddie? We had the talk when you were 7."

"Seven?" asked Sam, smirking. "I'm eighteen, and my mom still hasn't had the talk. You got the short end of the stick on that one."

"Shut up," mumbled Freddie.

"I always told you, Freddie," said Mrs. Bensen, "Wet and sticky is very icky. Sticky and wet makes Mommy upset. Did you really think I was talking about the jelly on your face?"

Sam stood up, "And on that note, I'll head home. It's after 10, and if I don't get home, my mom will start foaming at the mouth."

"Bye, Sam," I said, along with Freddie, and Spencer.

"Later, dudes."

Sam left the apartment, and Mrs. Bensen turned to me and Freddie. "Well, if you won't abort it, then it needs to be adopted as soon as it's born."

"Huh?" I asked, totally freaking out.

"You're only 18," Mrs. Bensen said. "Both of you! You're not old enough to take care of a baby. I was in my mid-30s when Freddie came along."

"Mom," said Freddie firmly. "This baby is mine and Carly's. We are keeping it. Not giving it away."

"Fine," said Mrs. Bensen. "You think you have what it takes to be parents, you can do it alone. Don't expect any help from me. Now, Freddie, get to the apartment. I'm scrubbing you down with my Vinegar and Alcohol mixture."

"Aww, Mom!" complained Freddie.

"Don't argue with me," said Mrs. Bensen. "Get!"

Freddie started to stand, defeated. "Bye, Baby," he said to me.

"Bye."

Spencer looked at me. "I'm disappointed in you," he said. "You should've been more careful. So... how about we keep this from Granddad Shay? Remember what happened with my hammer wheel?"

"Yeah," I said. "The last thing I need is him to storm down here in the middle of the night, and kidnap me to Yakama." (1)

"Let's get to bed," Spencer said. "It's been a long, weird day."

"Yeah," I agreed. "It has."

Suddenly there was a knock on the door. I looked at Spencer, who was almost dead on his feet. "Go to bed," I told him. "I'll see who it is."

"Okay," Spencer said. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

I went to the door, and was surprised to see Freddie standing there, holding his suitcases.

"Freddie?"

"Do you and Spencer have room for one more? I moved out to be with my fiancée."

I smiled. "Of course. My bed is always open to you."

Freddie took me in his arms, and kissed me softly. "I love you," he said.

"I love you too, Freddie."

(1) See episode here (Specific scene happens at 6:41)