Chapter 1: Child of the Hearth

Perseus Achilles Jackson is dead. He died taking Annabeth's place in harm's way during the second Giant War against Gaia. (After BOO) Poseidon couldn't take the grief anymore, the dam broke. The emotions he'd bottled up were now ravaging the east coast in the form of the largest hurricane in recorded history. After expending too much energy, Poseidon faded, leaving the gods devastated from losing two remarkable beings and so, so many others..

A century later at exactly midnight when it's technically the anniversary of Poseidon's fading, Hestia's tending her hearth thinking about her dear brother and his beautiful but tragic relationship with his child

A century later at exactly midnight when it's technically the anniversary of Poseidon's fading, Hestia's tending her hearth thinking about her dear brother and his beautiful but tragic relationship with his child. A few minutes later the hearth begins shifting around and the coals form a little girl who emerges from the fire unharmed. She cannot speak and Hestia senses no soul within her. The tan little girl looks to be about four years old and has short, messy coal-black hair and bangs. The girl wore a dirty white knee-length dress with no sleeves and twine wrapped around her middle. She wore no shoes and was filthy with charcoal stains. Her colorless eyes observe Hestia, who can tell she is simply storing information since there is no emotion in those blank eyes, it seems this body is a vessel, but for who?

Far below Olympus, a majestic blue Nereid rises from the sea bearing a glowing green orb the size of a crystal ball. The orb swirls with power, the mists inside constantly thrashing against the walls of its confinement, desperate to be released. The Nereid ascends to Olympus on a pillar of glowing seawater straight up to where Hestia is marveling at her beautiful child born from the hearth.

She hears a whisper, "Hestia..."

Hestia whipped her head around, searching for the source of the voice and the Nereid revealed herself, "Good evening Lady Hestia." She bows.

Hestia smiles, well acquainted with her brothers' old creations, "To what do I owe the pleasure of this visit?"

"Your time alone." The Nereid smiles at the humblest olympian's kindness, "I am here because of her.." the Nereid gestures at the soulless child of the flames. Hestia instantly looks concerned.

"Do not worry Lady Hestia, I am here to help her, not harm her." She looks down at her fragile package, "This orb contains the soul of Perseus Achilles Jackson," Hestia gasps and covers her mouth, "His soul will be that of your daughter's. She will not remember her past life until you tell her but she will be able to call upon his wisdom."

The Nereid then chanted something in an ancient language to the orb in her hands. As she spoke the words, the green mist floated out of the orb and into the little girls upper back (since she was still facing towards Hestia), when the mist had fully entered her body and taken its place as her soul, the child shuddered like she had just had ice water dumped on her. The ragged white dress she had been wearing turned a mild seafoam green color and had a little white string tied around her waist into a drooping bow. Her eyes fluttered and Hestia gasped when she saw her daughter's breathtaking sea green eyes..