Air Raid Sirens

A.N. Have you guys ever listened to air raid sirens? If not, go take a look. Its creepyyyy. I listened to them for this chapter and dudeeeee. Chills up and down my spine. Thank goodness I have not had to hear them in real life. 

----<>----

The woman, 'Mary' stared up at the amphitheatre as they approached it. It was large, with an air of dominance and power suffocating the places around it. It was built like a colosseum, the outside lined with windows. 

Miranda saluted the guardians who had patrol at the colosseum and they quickly let them pass, inside the meeting had already started. Miranda had her protégé, Irene, had called it as soon as the champion of Hestia had confirmed that Apollo had returned. 

The murmur of the group that would be there could already be heard, the enchantments stopping the sound from hitting the streets useless as soon as they passed the entrance. The mysterious woman seemed to ready herself, raising her head slightly, adopting a confident and powerful look. Her posture showed that she was fighter, hand hidden under cloak, Miranda assumed on her weapon. 

The champion of Hestia shifted and moved her own hand on her weapon, Apollo glanced at the two, rolling his eyes. He leaned in and whispered something to the woman, incredible quiet. So quiet Miranda cold only hear the sounds of them whispering, but not of what. 'Mary' slightly relaxed, only slightly, her hand dropping from her weapon.

Suddenly they were walking out into the amphitheatre, a hush appeared over the crowd.

The crowd consisted of two Alpha's, a few Beta's, more Gamma's, lots of Delta's and Epsilon's, along with a few old timers who weren't part of the military but there age and/or knowledge gave them the ability to sit in these meetings. There were also a few court reporters who recorded everything that was said or happened, along with a few knowledgeable scribes, architects, teachers, mortals or law makers.

As they stepped into the blinding light, Miranda blinked rapidly to get used to the jarring brightness. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see that 'Mary' and 'Bob' did not so much as even flinch.

Which meant that they would have meant they had dealt with powerful lights, for only people like Apollo, the god of sun, or similar could withstand such bright lights.

Miranda led them to seats at the bottom of the Amphitheatre, she could see Nico raising his eyebrows. Beside him sat the other Alpha with his wife, Leo and Calypso Valdez. It wasn't often that they would show up for meetings as Leo was considered retired and Nico didn't like meetings where nothing happened.

Thus there presence signified that something big was happening.

And it was pretty obvious with the fact that Apollo was seen coming in with two cloaked strangers, which was confirmed as they watched him take a seat in the Amphitheatre.

Miranda and Irene took a seat above them, eyes sharp as they observed their surroundings. Of course, there really wasn't any danger, but you couldn't be sure. Apollo had gained a lot of enemies in the forty years since Perci had disappeared. Even his own sister had tried to kill him a few times, and though Aletha had an almost perfect screening system, sometimes, enemies made it past and tried to hurt people or cause chaos.