Chapter 10

*Galaxia's POV*

I can hear the sounds of birds chirping above me. The softness of the leaves on the willow tree dancing in the wind above me. Children were  playing in the field, I see. Their laughs and smiles, it all reminds me of home.  I closed the book in my hands - the book of the Amethyst Royals, my family.

I walked along the crystal blue lake, remembering the old times I ventured with my father, King Lian VI. Meditation and inner peace, the things he taught me to help keep control of my powers. I heard a voice calling out to me. I turned but no one to face. I steadied my pace around the lake as I heard the same voice again. This time it was clearer. The lake began to illuminate below a light shone from the sky. A familiar figure stands there.

"...Galaxia!..." the same faint voice called. I ignored it, as I looked at the person in front of me.

"....Dad...,"

The man smiled at me. I couldn't feel what I was doing as my feet began stepping on water. I took a few steps then they became faster. He gestured his hands as a sign to hug. My tears began trickling down my cheeks until I felt a hard pull on my feet. Black tendrils wrapped itself around my legs and pulled me as I lost sight of my father. The tendrils pulled me deeper and deeper.I couldn't hold my breath any longer. My vision blanked into the black as I slowly felt as if my body was lifted off, then my eyes went shut.

*Normal POV*

Days passed in the ICU. Kairul, Jun, Keithan and Hali took turns taking care of her. A series of tubes connected kept her alive. The effects of the overdosed antidepressants got the best of her, thought she was lucky to be alive. It was Keithan's turn that day. He skipped almost all his classes, worried sick of his sister. He remembered the scroll their mother gave them when they arrived in that world. Keithan stood up and faced the mirror, then washed and scrubbed off the makeup used to hide the blue cresent marks (alike Alteans) under his eyes. Their secret as royalty was kept until that very day. But he still wasn't ready to face everyone about it. Looking aback his sister condition he felt sorry for her and the guilt for not being there for her built in him.

Back at home, the house was much quieter. Jun sat at the table, gazing into her own world, remembering the moment they found Galaxia's almost-lifeless body. She felt tears trickling down her cheeks. Kairul sat next to her trying to calm her down. Meanwhile, at the brothers' residency, Gempa and the others tried numerous times to try calm Hali down, but almost nothing seems to work. He would spend most of his time in his room or disappear the entire day. They all took the huge impact despite what happened to Galaxia.

At the hospital room, Keithan sat on the chair beside the bed, reading the book Galaxia had been clinging on, the book of their race. He noticed the beeping went faster and her sister's hands began twitching. He quickly called for the doc as the marks on his eyes glowed a faint light. The doctors swarmed in and a nurse told him to wait outside. Keithan took off his cell from his pocket and called Jun and Kairul. Without a second to lose he also called Hali. A few minutes passed and the three arrived at the hospital. The looked through the glass window, seeing how hard the docs tried to keep her alive while her vitals stayed at zero. Hali's heartbeat raced. He was frozen in his spot. It was almost as the incident which cost them her own life years ago.

Keithan starts to realize the glow from his marks. But he isn't gonna do it, until the docs walk out of the room. Every tick-tock made them more anxious until that one time, the docs stopped. Hali felt as if his racing heartbeat stopped the second the doctor stood up, knowing it was already too late. To them, that was it but Keithan wasn't gonna let it slip.

"...We did the best we've could. We're sorry this has to happened-"

"...No," Keithan stepped into the room, passing the doctors.

Jun and Kairul watched him as if they knew what he would do. Hali stood there. He felt as if hope fell dark for him. With a hesitant breath Keithan proceeded, through a chanting a spell, orbs of tiny souls surrounded the room before plunging themself into his sister's lifeless body. The marks on his face began to glow a different colour, from the luminescent blue into a silver purple glow as a purple streak appeared on his head. The maroon eyes eyes slowly opened, getting conscious with the people arround her and fell into a gaze at her brother.

"....Keithan...? W-What happened...?" she said while slowly sitting up. Keithan, without saying a word, hugged his sister. Jun and Kairul ran inside seeing the miracle, he brought Galaxia back to life. The fear of being hunted down was a mere problem for them. One of the doctors walked, guessing they were from a royal family in another land. They knew they couldn't hold the secret any longer, they had to tell her. The doctor, Dr. Malinda nodded in surprise and agreed to help them.

Galaxia looked around the room, as she saw Hali's eyes still streamed down the tears. Hali hugged her tight, after all the intensity he was afraid to lose her again. Neither did he want nor purposedly did it, he wouls track down the people who made her this way. Galaxia calmed him down; slow pats, some comfort and a soft whisper. She knew exactly what he needed.

The next day, Kairul came to the school with files of evidence from the hacked CCTVs and the programmed location of the person who spreaded the news. Jun was there as well. They wanted justice for their friend and also their family. Kairul walked into the office with the files of evidence, which shook the woman working at the counter. Skimming at the first glance made her realized, they were reopening the case, one way or another.

As they were taking care of matters at the school, Hali stayed to take care of Galaxia that day. He was happy to find her, after years of separation, after years of devastation, and after years of experience, he was ready to get back. This time, it was for good. He looked at the peaceful look on her face while she's asleep, giving him a sign she's recovering and getting better. Discovering about his own  brother's betrayal, hurt him more bit he soon got over it. There was no use in fighting if they would end up being apart. But what's most important to him now that Hali's found the lucky flower in his garden.

TBC

Thanks for reading the book guys😢❤ Thanks to you, this book just hit no.52 on #boboiboy

Drop a vote to help me get No.1!