3.Hard to believe

Saanjh was lost in deep thoughts  when she heard a knock on the door and turned her head only to see Vihaan standing by the door.

"Can I come in?"Vihaan asked her.

She gave him a firm nod and he walked in,putting on a nervous smile on his face.

He came and sat at the foot of the bed,facing her.

"I don't know where to start from.I feel strange to introduce myself to you."he spoke low and nervously ,staring down at his intertwined fingers.

"Start with your name and your relation with me."She suggested and he gave a half nod in agreement.

Taking a deep breath he composed himself and then looked up at her face.

"I am Vihaan Oberoi and I am...."He paused, swallowing hard before resuming in a tone laced with grief"...I was your boyfriend."

"Boyfriend?What nonsense!"She muttered as disbelief crossed her features.

"That's the truth, Saanjh.We were in a relationship for three years and were supposed to get married soon."He stated.

Before she could react ,He continued"Both of us studied in the same college.While studying together we became really good friends and gradually we fell in love .We were in a relationship for three years and were so happy with eachother.We wanted to be with eachother for lifetime.That's why when our college came to end,we decided to let our parents know about our relationship and that's why we'd left for Mussorie to meet your parents.But we met with an accident on the way.I got saved but you badly got injured and ended up in coma."his voice cracked at the last sentence.

She didn't believe what he said and it was clearly visible on her face.

"I don't remember who you were to me and what we had between us.At present ,you're nothing but a stranger to me.So,I can't believe you."She said with a straight face.

"I know it's difficult for you to trust me.But you don't worry.I'm with you.I'll help you to recollect everything."he assured her.

"Listen,I don't need your help.I am not even interested to recollect anything about you.Because it's more important to recollect about myself than about you."she snapped.

"Sorry I didn't mean that way.I was just........"He cut off by her.

"I feel tired.I want to rest.You please leave now."She said as she spread the blanket and lay down, pulling part of it over her body.

He has so many things to tell her but seeing her lack of interest and cold behaviour ,he just stood and walked out the room dejectedly.

Her parents were standing right outside the door and watched everything.As soon as Vihaan left the room, they walked in.

"Saanjh,What was that?Why did you behave with him like that?"Suman asked her sternly.

"Mom,You wanted me to talk to him and I did thinking that I would get to know something about my forgotten past.But he was uttering all nonsense and it really pissed me off."Saanjh said, agitatedly.

"He wasn't talking nonsense.You were really in love with him. And you'd told us about him by yourself."Suman said .

"What?"Saanjh looked at her mother ,surprised.