𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨

𝐚𝐯𝐚'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯

i woke up to the sound of my phone going off multiple times.

jack: found the coin.
first task done.

jack: almost lost a few
fingers but all is well

jack: been tasked to dig
my mother's grave, very
weird.

jack: OKAY JUST SAW A
WEIRD BEAST/WOLF
THING AND I MAY
HAVE ACCIDENTALLY
KILLED KYLE.

jack: didn't kill kyle. he's
still very much alive and
as much as an asshole as usual.

jack: got kicked from the order,
and woke up half-naked with
a dick on my fore-head, i'm not
liking any of this.

i began to laugh at the last text before thinking of a response.

ava: sounds like you had
one hell of a night, meet me
at the blade and chalice
after class and tell me
about it?

ava: you really are a
"dickhead" huh?

⋆ ⋆ ⋆

while waiting at the blade and chalice i began to go through some of my books and start studying because - well - human anatomy is hard to memorize.

and i know what you're thinking, "pre-med? really," well i've always wanted to be a doctor ever since i was a kid. and that's really all.

anyways, i've been waiting for jack for 3 hours now and he hasn't even answered any of my texts. and to be honest, it is starting to piss me off. randall talking about how jack under-appreciates my part in the friendship really had me thinking and maybe he was right.

as i'm beginning to get all riled up within my head, randall walks in and takes a seat next to me. "speak of the devil," i mutter under my breath.

"hey. have you seen jack? i knocked on his dorm and his roommate said he hadn't been back since last night." randall said with his eyebrows furrowed.

"don't worry. jack is just a major idiot, who by the way totally blew me off by ghosting me all day." i said with a huff. randall half-smiled adorably and said, "you know what? you look like you need to have some fun. you up for some fun?"

one thing about ava adams that you should probably know: i love jack morton - but fun is probably one of the only things i love more.

i nodded quickly before asking, "what do you have in mind?"

⋆ ⋆ ⋆

randall carpio's idea of fun is well, a bit different than what i thought it was going to be. when he drove us to a nightclub, i thought he had to be joking.

if i had been dressed in anything other than the sundress i'm wearing right now, i would immediately have made him take me back to my dorm. but, like i said, i love to have fun.

the music was loud and it was super hot in the club but they didn't card and i didn't mind the sweaty bodies dancing around me because randall carpio was enchanting.

we had a few drinks, to the point where we weren't quite buzzed but we weren't exactly sober either. i turned to randall with a bit more confidence than usual and asked, "what would you say if i asked to take a body shot of you right now?" randall laughed and leaned down to my ear before saying, "i say lets do it."

the bartender was more than excited to have me do a body shot and even had a part of the bar cleared off so randall had room to lay on top of it. of course, this action made the entire bar's eyes go on what randall and i were about to do.

the bartender poured tequila in randall's bellybutton as i put salt trailing up his stomach. randall put the lime between his teeth and winked at me before the whole bar erupted into a chant of drunken words saying, "body shot! body shot! body shot!"

i winked at randall before drinking the tequila off him and licking the salt up his torso before semi-kissing him in order to get the lime before i sucked the lime of all its juice and pulled it out of my mouth triumphantly.

the entire bar applauded and began yelling different things encouraging me. i helped randall off the bar and handed his shirt back before telling him that we better call a cab to take us back to the dorms.

⋆ ⋆ ⋆
randall and i stood outside of my room before he hugged me goodbye. he then leaned down into my ear and whispered, "remind me to tell you something very important when we're both a lot less inebriated."

i let out a laugh before telling him i'd make sure to remind him, before i turned to unlock my door and step inside my room.

i had just pulled the covers over my body when my phone showed i had a notification.

randall: you better not
forget. i'm telling you,
it's VERY important

ava: if it's so important,
why don't you just tell
me now?

randall: shhhh...
it's way too important
to tell you now.

randall: i have to make
you wait for it. the
anticipation part
makes it fun.

ava: yeah it's official,
i hate you very much

ava: goodnight though
and don't forget to drink
a lot of fluids tomorrow.
i don't want you to have
too bad of a hangover.

randall: yeah "i hate
you", my ass. you
totally just tried to mom
me, didn't you?