𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞
                𝐚𝐯𝐚'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯

i wake up to the sound of my annoying alarm, ringing consistently in a pattern that made me wanna rip my hair out every time i heard it, maybe it was because i hate being woken up at 7 am or just because the sound it made irritated me. either way, it was an efficient way in getting me to wake up.

i sit up and turn the alarm off and reach over to pick my phone up and check my notifications. it immediately unlocks to randall and i's messages and i smile slightly at the remembrance until i see a new text from him.

randall: can we talk?

ava: it's my first week but i'll gladly skip a class to see you ;)

ava: actually though,, i don't wanna go to my classes anyway. meet at my dorm in 20?

randall: i'll be there in 21

i let out a chuckle as i check to see if jack had answered any of my texts and seeing nothing. really? i do anything for him at the drop of a hat and this is what i get in return? it hurts a little, but i find myself worrying for him too. he is usually good at replying to me and if he's not replying could that mean he's in trouble?

i try not to think of the worst scenarios because i tend to get off-track and i really need to shower and get ready before randall gets to my room.

i shower as quick as possible and put on a cute top and jeans and my favorite converse before brushing out my hair and deciding on going without makeup.

i'm sitting on my bed when i hear his knock. a smile already on my face i slip my phone into my pocket and go to greet randall.

before i even get to say a "hey", randall says,"would it be cool if we talked somewhere private? there's some people i need to introduce you to as well."

i can tell by the way he's slightly fidgeting, that what he's going to tell me is going to be big. i only nod as a response and shut the door behind me intending on following him.

"so, you told me to remind you to tell me something last night, you wanna tell me what that thing is?" i let out a laugh, trying to loosen the tension a bit and help him relax.

he lets out a sigh and i can see him visibly relax before he lets out a chuckle and replies,"about that," he stops and smiles at me,"i think i should save it for a better time."

i squint in his direction, confused, and then i give him a playful shove and say,"you tease!"
he only laughs as a reply.

when i see we're walking towards a 2, maybe 3 story house, i stop in my place and turn to randall,"you're not gonna kill me or something are you? because if you are, you should know i carry mace with me, and i will light your ass up."

he only laughs, nervously might i add, before saying,"i wouldn't hurt you, and i hope you don't hurt me either."

then he tilts his head towards the house as a way of telling me to follow him in.

the first thing i see when i walk in is a naked jack covered in a...robe, maybe? in the floor. along with a man and a woman standing in the middle of the room.

"um, why is he naked?" i ask, pointing towards where jack was on the floor.

randall rubs his neck and says,"well you see, this is kinda what i wanted to talk to you about."

jack takes the time to speak up and say,"where am i? why am i naked? where are my clothes?"

randall walks to stand next to the man and woman before saying,"oh. they got ruined when you ripped out of them. you'll get used to it."

jack looks at him with his eyebrows creased, visibly confused,"used to what? who are you people?"

"dude, it's me, randall. i'm your RA," randall says, pointing to himself.

"randall you idiot, he knows who you are," i pipe up, also very VERY confused on what was going on right now.

jack nods in my direction in agreement,"i know that! i meant them!" he points towards the two standing by randall.

randall seems to finally understand before saying,"oh, this is hamish," he points towards the man,"and lilith," he says pointing towards the woman,"and we are the Knights of Saint Christopher."

jack and i meet eyes, sharing a "what the hell" look between us before randall speaks again,"guys, i thought we were gonna say that together."

"and what's that? an improv troupe?," jack asks.

"we are a sacred brotherhood," hamish says, looking between jack and i.

lilith speaks,"a gender-neutral collective." i smile at her, i think she's my favorite already.

"...anointed to fight dark magic with the power-" hamish starts.

"dude! we're werewolves!"randall interrupts.

"and now, so are you."  hamish finishes.

jack laughs,"oh," he laughs again,"yeah, i get it. townie wants to join a secret society, so let's make him think they-" he says before vomiting everywhere.

i step back, disgusted, when randall says,"yeah, you ate a deer last night."

jack and i share a look before simultaneously saying,"this isn't happening."

then jack adds,"this is not happening."

hamish looks at jack, seemingly empathetic,"oh, it's happening. the spirit of Silverback chose you as his champion. he bound to you and you transformed."

jack looks between the three before exasperatedly says,"turned into what?"

"dude," randall starts walking towards jack,"try to keep up. i told them you were smart." he says, putting a hand on jack's shoulder.

lilith chimes in,"Silverback's been dormant for 50 years and he picks this dumb-ass?"

i let out a laugh before randall looks in my direction then back to lilith,"jack's the real-deal. everytime i got close to that golem, he was there."

golem? now they've definitely lost me. i'm more confused than i've ever been.

jack looks at randall,"you saw me fight clay and you didn't help me?" he points towards randall,"you were that thing in the graveyard, you almost killed me."

"welcome to the club," randall responds.

i was trying to take this all in when all of a sudden i feel myself falling and everything was spinning.

i feel so bad for not posting in so long :( but i went through a really rough patch and couldn't find any motivation whatsoever to continue this part but i'm slowly getting better!!

sorry this ended so abruptly lol i just wanted to post so u all knew i wasn't dead <3