Hugs And Ramen

Y/n's p.o.v

I stared at the ceiling blankly as B/n slept peacefully beside me. We told Naruto everything and after A LOT of convincing he believed us. He even let us stay until things got sorted out.

"Hey Y/n-chan, you awake?" My head turned to meet Naruto' s who was smiling behind me, a bag of ramen cups in his hand. "You want something to eat?"

I nodded, standing up to help him out. He grinned his famous grin and walked over to the kitchen, boiling the water for the ramen.

"Hey Naruto?"

"yeah?"

"why did you let us stay?"

He paused, before finishing pouring the water in the cups. After a minute he answered.

"Because we're the same in a way. You grew up with terrible parents, and received no love from them, whereas I never met mine at all. Either way we were both lonely, and craved love. We both did whatever we could to be noticed, good or bad. Iruka-sensei makes me feel like I matter. And I just thought you needed someone to make you feel like you do too."

I smiled softly and almost laughed. I'm being comforted by my anime cinnamon roll. Well, he was right. All I wanted was to feel loved- like I mattered to someone. He turned around and smiled brightly,

"let's be each other's light." He said and I couldn't help it. I walked towards him and wrapped him in a big hug. He was frozen for a few seconds before he slowly put his arms around me as well, holding me just as tight. I mumbled thank you's over and over into his shoulder. I never usually get emotional but this was Naruto. My only light in the darkness I thought I couldn't escape. He was here, telling me we could be others light. 'you were always my light Naruto'  I thought, releasing him from my death grip.

"Sorry for that," I said nervously. Yeah, I'm pretty awkward.

"it's okay- AH, OUR RAMEN!!" He shouted excitedly. I laughed quietly, I finally have the life I've always wanted.