Kakashi's Actual Final Decision

~ 3rd Person's POV~

Kakashi sighed and looked at the kids. 

"I'll give you four one more chance. However, at noon, it'll be a harsher battle to get the bells. Those who want to take on the challenge can eat lunch. HOWEVER, you must not give Naruto any."

Naruto gasped, horrified that he wouldn't be able to eat. Kakashi walked forward, 

"It's punishment for breaking the rules and attempting to eat lunch on your own."

He leaned forward which a glare, "and if anyone tries to feed Naruto. They'll be disqualified on the spot. I make the rules here, got it?"

Grabbing Y/n by the back of their shirt, he turned around, dragging them along. "They'rere eating with me, for reasons I can't be bothered telling you." 

Y/n shrugged, waving a sheepish goodbye to the others. When they were out of sight, Sakura and Sasuke sat down, opening their Bentos. After they'd started eating, Naruto's stomach growled, he laughed nervously, "It's fine!! I'm completely fine with not eating!!" 

Sasuke sighed and outstretched his hand to Naruto.

"All three of us need to be at full strength to take the bells from him... I don't know if Y/n'll help us again. Either way, you need your strength." 

The other two stared in shock, "It's alright, there's no sign of him now," Sasuke continued, Sakura offered her Bento to Naruto too, which made him close to tears of joy. 

"Thank you, guys."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/n's POV~

"I've always wondered, did doubt that they would pass?" I asked hesitantly, as he and I watched them from behind some shrubs. He looked at me and shrugged, 

"Nobody's ever passed before," Kakashi answered. I eyed him for a few more seconds before laughing quietly, 

"Deep down, I think you never doubted them. And if you did, your hope for them outweighed your doubt. The son of your sensei- the fourth Hokage, the younger brother of shinobi genius Uchiha Itachi and the top-of-her-class Haruno Sakura. You have high, high hopes for them, don't you?"

Kakashi chuckled quietly, "I guess you could say that," I grinned back,  

"I knew it, now let's go scare the shi-," Kakashi raised an eyebrow warningly, "shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitake mushrooms outta them." 

He nodded, before appearing in front of the three in an over-the-top explosive sort of entrance. I didn't want to steal his thunder (hehe, see what I did there? Because he makes a storm and there's- never mind) so I just walked out from the bushes, sitting down next to Naruto to watch the show.

"YOU THREE! You defied the rules, so that means you know what's coming." 

Thunder boomed and lightning crackled. Rolling my eyes, I scoffed 'he's such a drama queen'. 

"Do you... Have something to say?" he asked the three. 

Naruto panicked, "but, but sensei!! You said..." 

Sasuke looked at him, understanding what he meant, "We're a three... four-man squad, right?" 

I winced a little, 'it'll always be you three, Sasuke. I could never change that' 

Sakura stood up, "That's right! The four of us are one, so..!"

"That's right, that's right, that's right!!!" Naruto shouted. I grinned a little and nudged his side, making him look at me in surprise before smiling back. 

All four of us were looking at Kakashi, I beamed, knowing what was about to come as I leaned against Naruto's wooden post. 

"The four of you are one, eh?" He walked closer, glaring at us, "you... pass."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3rd Person's POV

It was silent for a second. "We pass? Why?!" Sakura exclaimed, confuzzled.  

"You guys are the first. Up until now, they were all dunces who would meekly listen to what I said." He stood up straight, a hint of pride in his eyes-... eye. "A ninja must see through deception. In the Ninja world, those who break the rules and codes are branded as garbage... but... those who don't cherish their friends are garbage worse than that." 

Naruto's eyes watered, "he's... he's...kinda... cool." Y/n looked at him and smiled fondly.

"Yeah... he kinda is." They answered. The uplifting music started playing in the background, Y/n grinned when they heard it. Naruto cried as he wiggled around, still tied to the post. 

"I did it!!! I'm a ninja!!! I'm a ninja!!! Ninja!! Ninja!! Did you hear sensei, Y/n!? We're ninjas!!!"

Everyone celebrated the outcome differently, but all were equally over the moon. 

"Come on, let's go home," Kakashi said, turning away. Sakura and Sasuke stood up and followed him, leaving Naruto behind without even a glance in his direction. 

"I KNEW THIS WAS HOW IT'D TURN OUT!! UNTIE THE ROPES!!!" He yelled after them, no one bothered to listen. Naruto kept struggling, 

"N/n-channnnnnnnnnn untie the rope pleeeeeeeeeeeeease?" 

Y/n laughed, cutting the ropes. "Alright future Hokage-sama, let's go home... I'll make ramen to celebrate today." 

Naruto's eye's widened and he cheered, "You're the best, N/n-chan!!!!!" They rolled their eyes at his over-excitement at the mention of ramen, before remembering he didn't eat lunch or even breakfast.  

"I'll make your favourite, and a whole lot of it too. You, me and B/n will have a feast!!"