Chapter 22

I just stood in the shower letting the warm water run down my body. I was too tired to move my hands at all, besides I liked the way the water felt as it ran down my skin. It reminded me of Butch's hand delicately exploring my body.
Since I stepped foot in the bathroom, I have been fantasizing about butch and I making love again. Our bodies moving in sync, I was also adding a bit of telenovela scenes for drama. Gosh, was I wet.
When I realize i'm blushing for no reason, I scream and try to pull my hair out then laugh with the thought of how hard I've fallen for him. This is what love turns you into, a hot mess, you could be doing an assignment when a memory of him pops into your head, or in the kitchen doing the dishes and you just do something silly like a crazy dance or sing the lyric of a song wrongly then you start blushing thinking of that special guy. You scream and giggle finally accepting you have fallen in love hard. That's how it was for me back in college before I realized how high I was of Butch.
I mean who wouldn't fall for him. He has this aura around him that makes me feel so protected, even though he is afraid of cockroaches, I still see him as my personal Thor. Some chicks might use Superman but Thor is my favorite superhero so fuck you Superman. I might have called him Superman a few times but I did that before I knew the meaning behind why the girls that really had a reason to say it said it.

"Babe,"
The showers frosted glass door opened to a half naked Butch.
I screamed and covered the parts of my body I could cover. No matter how many times Butch sees me naked, I can never be okay with him catching me off guard while I'm naked.

"Babe. Can't a woman have some privacy?"

"My eyes are closed for goodness sake." He pouted, "and...you've been in here for a while, I just wanted to make sure you were okay."

"Keep them closed." I warned ignoring the latter comment then turned off the shower not taking my eyes off him.

"No peeking?" He asked all innocently putting me in the flirtatious mood.
I pressed my bare chest against his bare chest, then nipped his ear with my mouth before I whispered, "maybe just a little."
I could feel him get hard almost immediately.
"Oh sweet revenge, how I love you." I pranced out of the bathroom feeling all victorious, I didn't even care about the trail of water drops that followed me.
If circumstances were different he would already have me against the wall giving me short kisses allowing me to miss his taste, to crave him. But now he could barely take me on the bed.
By the time Butch regained his composure and came out of the bathroom, I was sitting in front of my personal mirror drying my hair with a blow dryer. I was wearing a black lace underwear -which were like pieces of thin clothing on me- so my partially wet towel was hung carelessly on the back rest of the chair I sat in.
"We definitely need to get a new house." I stated after I put off the dryer.
My hair was still a little wet but my hands were getting heavy so I just had to lay it down.
"I love this place." He replied.
I spun around in my chair, he was laying on the bed staring at the ceiling his hands folded behind his head. He was still wearing only his shorts and from the way he stretched, his boxer line went down revealing a lot.
I had to spin back around in order not to stimulate the already rising hormonal feelings.
Why does he have to be so damn...ugh!!
"Its cool, yea I know. But I don't really see us raising a family here. I don't want to live in a big mansion like your mom but I what a bigger place. Something that screams home and not in an apartment type of way."
I could hear the squishing of the bed as Butch sat up, "home's not a place, its a person."

"Well that person better get me a walk in closet or i'm gonna..."

"Oh oh," he laughed interrupting me, "so that's what this is about?"

I could see him wiggling his eyebrows at me from the mirror.
"Yes!" I said enthusiastically, "it partially is. I don't really do clothes but I want one so bad."

"You don't really do clothes? Your wardrobe is literally pouring out with clothes."

He walked up behind me and took the hair dryer from the table.
"What are you doing?"

"Sshhh."

He got a handful of my hair and started drying it.
"That's not how it works B-"

"I said shhh, I'm your stylist for today so you are gonna keep quiet and love what I do, is the clear?" He stood with his hands on his hips like a saucy black hair dresser.

"Yes sir." I replied with a mock salute fighting my blush.
"I think you mean, yes daddy."
"Butch!!" I screamed with flushed cheeks.
He let out a heartfelt laugh that always makes my heart skip a beat. "Just kidding."
He pecked my cheek while leaning over to put the dryer down. His hand held my hair in a pony tail.
"Now where did I keep the scissors?"
-
I stared down at my plate then back at Gwen who held a spatula in one hand smiling sheepishly.
The discomfort I felt to what sat in my plate was evident on my face, "you want me to eat two eggs and one toast for breakfast?"

Her smile began to immediately drop. I was on 'fuck feelings' mode, so the sadness she felt towards my distaste of her food didn't affect me.
She looked at Butch who shook his head at her while setting his cup of orange juice down ready for the show down about to happen with interest. Gwen was the cowardly lion while I was the wicked witch whom would end up victorious unlike the watered down Disney version.
She was still facing Butch who had a neutral expression of his own. He looked like bad boy, at that moment he seemed 5years younger.
"Did I do something wrong?" She was looking at me all innocently.

"When you," I emphasised the 'you' " were pregnant for Butch's older sister, what would you have done if your husband served you egg and toast?"

"Well, I would have smashed the plate in his face."

I found myself wanting to climb over the table and pounce on her but one, I had a baby living in me whom could get hurt, two, I would probably look like an ugly zombie instead of my usually hot self and three, Butch wouldn't take it lightly that I tried to hurt his mother.
"So what do you think I would want to do?"

"

Please I can't think like a middle class girl." Was her very shocking reply which almost caused Butch to choke.

"Mom. Gwen." Butch and I said in unison.
"Sorry sorry," she smiled sheepishly raising her hands in surrender, "I went into total defense mode."
"How about I play offense?"
Yea! Mental high five. That was an awesome comeback no matter what you guys say. Even if my dear husband is choking on his own laughter right now, I still think its an awesome comeback; his laughter doesn't affect me. Humph.
"I'm sorry what the fuck was that?"
"Did I teach you to swear young Mr Rivers?" Gwen crossed her arms patting the wooden floors with her feet.
It was my turn to watch this embarrassing moment with intent. He thinks he can laugh at me and get away with it, nuh-uh.
"Mom, please."

"You should have thought him how to put on pants too."
He just slipped on a semi transparent white top over his boxers after the torture of letting him do my hair.
It was nothing close to being romantic after he pranked me with the scissor thing; the whole moment was made up of indecision and cries. The twisting and turning he made my hair go through was all for nothing because he ended up just packing it in a pony tail afterwards praising himself for his artistic genius.
I will never forget the moment.
"Young man go and put on some pants now." She pointed to the direction of our room.

"But moom!" He whined like a teenager, "i'm not a kid anymore."

"Go to your room."
While this was embarrassing for him, it was amusing for me. I just got a front row seat to Butch's teenage years.

"Fine," he grumbled while dragging his feet. "Women. Pssht."