We're Your Family Now

As the group climbed out of the Millennium Falcon, R2-D2, BB-8 and C-3PO waited to greet them.

"Thank the maker! That was a close one!" said C-3PO. "The First Order nearly had us. I thought I was a goner."

"Calm down 3PO, at least you weren't down there with all of the stormtroopers," said Ben.

"Oh my!" C-3PO exclaimed.

Leia and Han led the way to the holographic table. Leia added the piece of the map that Rey had found to the rest of the map. They were still missing two pieces of the map.

"We're still missing two pieces," said her son, echoing her thoughts.

"I know," she answered. "And we don't know the location of either of those pieces."

"I know the location of one piece," said Han, and everyone turned to look at him. "The First Order has it."

"Great," said Finn.

"We will have to come up with a plan to get it back," said Ben.

Leia nodded. "I just wish we knew where the other piece was so that we could get to it, before the First Order does," she said.

Han looked at R2. "You don't happen to have another message from Luke, do you?" he asked.

The droid shook his head sadly.

Leia looked at the map projected on the holographic table. "Where are you, Luke?" she whispered.

"Go to Takodanna," she heard Luke's voice say in her mind.

She turned to face the others. "We have to go to Takodanna," she said.

"Why?" Poe asked, confused.

"I don't know, I just feel that we should go there," she answered.

Ben nodded, he knew that his mother had felt something in the Force.

Han came over to her. "Good idea, sweetheart," he said, gently touching her shoulder. "Maz might know where part of the map is."

Leia nodded. "Head for Takodanna," she told the pilot.

"Yes, ma'am," he answered.

Ben turned to face Rey, who was standing next to him. "Rey, we have to tell my parents about our vision. It might help us find Luke," he said.

Rey nodded a little reluctantly. Then she and Ben went over to Han and Leia.

"Mom, Dad, we have to talk to you about something," said Ben.

Leia nodded.

"I know the perfect place," said Han, with a faint smile.

He led them into the Falcon, to the sitting room. Han sat down at the table and Leia sat next to him. Han gestured for Rey and Ben to sit down. They took a seat across from them.

"After I found Rey, we..." Ben began, but he hesitated. "... we had a vision."

"Of what?" Leia asked gently.

"We saw an island," said Rey.

Leia looked surprised. "Like the one you dream about some times?" she asked Ben.

Ben nodded. "It was the very same one."

"I've had dreams about it, too," said Rey.

"Really?" Leia asked, surprised. Ben had told her about the island that he often dreamed about before he went to train with his uncle.

"But this time it was different," said Ben. "We saw Luke on the island."

"Really?" Han asked. "Did he say anything to you?"

"No. The vision disappeared right after we saw him," said Ben.

"I was hoping that he told you his location or at least gave you some kind of clue as to where he might be," said Han.

Ben shook his head. "We just wanted to tell you, in case you knew where the island was."

Leia shook her head. "I have never seen anywhere that matches your description of the island."

Han looked at Rey. "So, where did you find the map?"

Rey looked down. "It was in a dark cave," she answered, softly.

"What were you doing in a cave?" Han asked, his brow creased.

Rey didn't know how to answer, she wasn't really sure why she had gone into the cave.

"The Force called her there," Ben explained.

"The Force?" Han asked. He knew that Ben had said that Rey had the Force, but that it hadn't yet awoken within her. He didn't expect it to happen so soon.

"I had a vision," Rey replied, slowly. "I saw my parents abandon me, when I was young. I remember it like it was yesterday." Memories flooded her mind again as she thought about that day. Her eyes filled with tears. "They didn't even say goodbye."

Ben wrapped his arm around her shoulders, and hugged her. "Everything will be okay Rey. I promise that I will never leave you."

Leia reached across the table and grabbed Rey's hand. "And neither will we."

Han reached over to touch her cheek and gently wiped her tears away. "We're your family now," he said gently.

She looked up at him. When her eyes met his, he smiled at her and she smiled back at him.

"Thank you," she whispered. Tears trickled down her cheeks, but they were happy tears, she had always wanted a family who loved her.

Leia couldn't stand to see her cry. She hadn't known her very long, but she already loved her like a daughter. She came over to sit on the other side of Rey. She hugged her, and gently rubbed her back to comfort her.

Han stood up and went over to stand behind her. He wrapped his arms around her and leaned down to kiss her forehead.

Rey had never felt loved in all of her life. She had always dreamt of having a family and friends who loved her. Now she had everything she had ever dreamed of and so much more. It was more wonderful than she had ever imagined. Having all three of them hug her at once was almost overwhelming. She didn't even know how to react, she couldn't even remember the last time someone had hugged her.

At that moment, Finn walked in to see Rey sitting between Ben and Leia, Han was standing behind her. They were all hugging her tightly. Finn noticed the tears on Rey's face.

Finn took a step back, but they all heard him and looked up at him. "Sorry for interrupting," Finn said awkwardly. "I'll come back later."

Han came over. "That's Okay. What is it kid?"

"Well, none of us have eaten in a while..." said Finn.

"Yeah, we kind of got interrupted by the First Order," said Ben.

"Yeah," Finn agreed. "So, Poe wanted me to ask if you wanted us to bring you some food from the mess hall."

"That would be nice," said Leia, offering him a warm smile. "Thank you, Finn."

"I'll come with you," Ben offered. He didn't want Finn and Poe to have to carry all of the food alone.

 He didn't want Finn and Poe to have to carry all of the food alone