Chapter 7 Volume 2

Zack (POV)
It's Saturday afternoon and I'm the ballroom currently setting up my DJ equipment for tomorrow night. I finish setting up and I go a table where Ruby is sitting at. I sit down and Weiss comes up to us.
Weiss- (slams cloth samples on the table) I need you guys to pick a cloth.
Zack- Does it make a difference? They look the same.
Weiss- (sighs in annoyance) I don't even know why I asked.
Zack- I'm sorry but not sorry.
Yang comes by with a big speaker twice the size of her.
Zack- (in shock) Yo this party is going to be lit boy!! With speakers like that, I'm gonna murder everybody's ears with the shit I'm gonna play!!
Yang- I expect no less. I would've asked Ethan but don't get me wrong he is my type but he isn't doesn't have a voice of an angel like you do. (Looks at Ruby) So you pick a dress yet?
Ruby- (puts her head on the table and sulks) What's the point? Who cares about the dance if Blake isn't going.
Zack- What a minute, that's not what you told me yesterday evening. Looks like I'm going to the dance by myself after all.
RY- No you aren't!
Yang- And besides I wouldn't worry about it. She's going. (Looks at Weiss) Weiss!! I thought we agreed! No doilies!!
Weiss- (walks up to yang) If I don't get doilies, you don't get fog machines.
The doors open up and Sun and Neptune come in.
Neptune- The dance is going to have fog machines.
Zack- It better. It'll make my performance all the more sweeter.
Sun- You ladies and bros all ready for dress up?
Ruby- Pssh yeah right.
Yang- Laugh all you want. I'll be turning heads tomorrow night . Specifically Ethan's cause he's my date to the dance.
Zack- Nice.
Yang- So what are guys wearing.
Sun points to his opened button up shirt exposing his abs.
Sun- Uh this.
Zack- Bro you are dumb. Speaking of attires, I've got to get going before the mall closes. I got to get some clothes for tomorrow. Ruby you coming or are you staying here?
Ruby- I'm going with you.
Zack- Alright, lets go.
Timeskip
We are currently at the entrance of the mall.
Zack- Ok so we got about an hour and a half before the mall closes. I need to get a suit, some pants, and shoes.
Ruby- And I need to get a dress. How are we gonna pay it though? Isn't it expensive?
Zack- Don't worry. I've got it covered.
We go to the men's warehouse and I get a suit that came with matching paints and some dress sneakers
Author: It looks like this

We go to the men's warehouse and I get a suit that came with matching paints and some dress sneakers Author: It looks like this

Zack- Okay now time to get you your stuff Ruby- I know a store on the second floor that sells dresses

Ruby- I know a store on the second floor that sells dresses. Follow me.
Zack- Ok lead the way.
She leads us to the women's dress store. We enter the store and Ruby goes off looking at dresses while I wait around the entrance of the store. Awhile later she comes back to me.
Ruby- I think I've found it.
Zack- Cool. Can I see it?
Ruby- No. You got to wait till tomorrow.
Zack- Ok. Here's 200 lien. It should cover it.
Ruby- Thanks Zack.
She goes off again and comes back short time later carrying a large black bag.
Zack- Ok we have one more stop before we can go.
Ruby- Ok. Where are we going?
Zack- You'll see.
We go back to the first floor and enter a jewelry store. I buy her a diamond finger ring bracelet.
Author: it looks like this

Ruby- Zack it's beautiful but why did you get me this?Zack- I thought it would go great with your dress

Zack- I thought it would go great with your dress.
Ruby- Thanks Zack. You're the best.
Ruby hugs me.
Ruby *mind*- Tomorrow I need to tell him how I feel.
We let go and leave the mall and head to beacon.
Timeskip
It's later in the evening and I'm practicing on a song on my guitar while the boys listen.
Ethan- Bro that's fire.
Elias- Yeah it sounds really good.
Dante- Are you sure you're not some secret singer superstar?
Zack- Thanks guys. I'll make sure tomorrow is lit.
Ethan- It better be. So are you going with Ruby?
Zack- Yeah. I heard you're going with Yang.
Ethan- Yeah. Tomorrow I'm gonna make my move and ask her out
Zack- That's good bro. What about you Elias? Is your girlfriend going?
Elias- Yeah. Yang somehow convinced Blake to go. Dante who are you going with?
Dante- I'm going with Weiss. She asked me today and I accepted. Soon I'm going to ask her out as well.
Elias- Nice man.
Zack- Alright guys. We should get some shut eye. We got a big day tomorrow.
Ethan- I hear that. Night guys.
ZED- Night.
Timeskip
It was in the middle of the night when I was awoken by a text on my scroll. It was from an unknown number.
???- Hello Zack.
Zack- Who is this.
???- Someone you know very well. Someone from your past.
???- What do you want?
???- I know what you did to Mercury yesterday. I'll be seeing you real soon. Goodnight sexy 😘
Everything about that text conversation unsettled me and I went back to sleep with a distraught mind.
Author: Chapter done. Hopefully you like it