Prolouge

We met during the end of our junior year of high school. He walked up to me and flat out ask for my number.

At first I told him no but later on, the more I thought about it I regretted that decision. I was so taken back by how forward he was with me that when he asked me again a few days later I was filled with joy.

He was my first boyfriend, my first kiss, my first dance, my first walk home, my first cry, my first time. He was everything.

When I met his family, they fell in love with me. I had never felt so loved outside of my own home, I called his parents my own and talked to them on a regular basis.

His mother was from Korea and his father from China.

I didn't know his foreign name, that was one thing he refused to tell me but we called him Joon. He said it means handsome and it fits him well. He is tall and has a very distinct personality. Black hair, chiseled jaw, just the whole package.

I don't know if he was the most popular kid in high school or the best athlete or even the smartest. Honestly I didn't know he existed until he approached me that day. But I was terribly in love with him. We stayed together all during college and moved in together after graduation.

My African mother is from Togo, speaking mostly French and my African American father is from Georgia.

When they met Joon for the first time my mother was surprised. "Why can't you find a nice French man to settle with?" She asked me.

I simply told her. "Because this was the man I found first"

My father didn't care what he looked like as long as he was treating me right. Which he was.

Everything was as perfect as it could be. Until it wasn't.

He changed his attire to business casual and became more manipulative and controlling. He wanted me to move to China with him, to keep his fathers business alive.

When I turned down his offer he said it was fine at first but after his father died. He begged me in the most sinister way to go with him.

Joon and I broke up 6 months after moving in together. It was around the time his father died.

I didn't want to break up with him because I loved him. But something in him changed. He no longer had that sweet spark of charm I knew him to have. So I left and that was when he started.

It's been years since I last spoke or heard of Joon but during that time I've been getting ready for a day to come. A day where I can get my revenge.