four.

。・:*:・゚★

CHAPTER FOURas if by chance

CHAPTER FOUR
as if by chance

     The failed mission to retrieve Naomi's bracelet had dampened the poor girls mood considerably. The small jewellery meant everything to her and in a way it felt like she had lost a piece of herself that fateful Friday night.

     As Naomi walked out of her room that Monday morning, her already sour mood had worsened due to the sudden acrid stench of bleach invading her nose. It was so powerful that it could have only meant one thing, Deborah Brennan was stress cleaning.

     Although the reason as to why Mrs Brennan would be stressed was unclear as Naomi walked to breakfast. The only inhabitant of the Irvin-Brennan household that seemed to be in the least foul mood was Judy. Who munched merrily on her apple as she watched her family stress, worry and march around the house unhappily. She was delighted as it seemed that finally she wasn't the one miserable for a change.

    "Hey Naomi, I think I'll let you drive to school today. I mean it's only fair." Judy chirped, her sickeningly sweet smile enraged Naomi even more. Naomi knew that she was trying to get under her skin and she was letting her.

     The latter only growled in response her forest eyes even more piercing that day, as she narrowed them displeasingly at her step sister. This, however only seemed to increase Judy's mood tenfold as she skipped away from the eyes of everyone else. Probably to halfheartedly finish some last minute homework.

     While this was going on Mrs Brennan was moving around the kitchen at lightening speed, engaging in various cleaning methods. This intrigued Naomi enough to put her temper tantrum on hold to ask her mother what was wrong.

     "What's got you so stressed then?" Naomi questioned sitting down at the nearby island studying her mum carefully. She noticed the subtle twitch in her mums eye before she feigned a smile in her daughters direction.

     "Nothing dear, just thought I'd get some spring cleaning done." She hummed.

     An obvious lie Naomi thought as her eyes wandered around the kitchen soon settling on the tv that was showing a current news report. Then the realisation settled in as all the answers flooded into her brain.

     For above on the tv screen was the caption 'local teen missing!' This had one hundred per cent caused the sudden panic that had infiltrated her poor mother.

     "Mum, come on they've probably just ran away and will come back in the next few days completely fine." Naomi stared intently as her mother's shoulders deflated calmly and her furrowed brows became more neutral.