eight.

。・:*:・゚★

CHAPTER EIGHTfires go out

CHAPTER EIGHT
fires go out

Judy was scared. In fact, scratch that she was completely and unbelievably terrified. All her life Judy had thought she was invincible, the one who made other people scared, the creator of her own kingdom. It all started at age 6 when she was playing with the neighbourhood kids and accidentally punched Robin Taylor in the face. They all suddenly feared her, scared of what this bully would do next and that's when she realised she could use this to her advantage. She could bend, twist or break anyone into anything as long as she held a little fear over them.

     But not anymore, not now. The incident from a week ago played again and again in her head like a broken record. She wanted to forget ━ she really wanted to, but how could she? How could she when those haunting faces were with her every moment of the day, their painfully screeching voices echoing in her head ━ ' she has promise '. Promise for what? Judy didn't need to know, she didn't want to know and more than anything she wished that night had never happened.

Naomi had tried to talk to her on multiple occasions but she ignored her every time. Even if she wanted to tell Naomi what happened, she wouldn't believe her, Judy didn't even believe herself. The story was impossible in many ways and they could just pin it on the fact she had been drinking, but that's the thing she had only had one drink. The whole situation was making Judy want to vomit, out of fear and extreme confusion.

          She lay awake most nights, too scared to go to sleep and eating the bare minimum. Until she awakes on an eerily quiet Sunday and decides ━ fuck it, she was going back out to the woods to prove she wasn't going insane. Sunday was the day of rest and she was going to lay her mind to rest wether she was right or wrong.

          In a somewhat reluctant manor Judy pulled back her cream coloured covers and with blank, steady brown eyes she searched her room, trying to find things of use.

          Judy's room was quite plain. She wasn't exactly artsy and her colour pallet of choice was mostly greys, blacks, some dark greens and a slight splash of cream just invite some contrast into her mostly dark lifestyle. There was her bed, a double with a dark oak frame and cream sheet and cover. Her flooring was also a dark oak hardwood. The walls around her were again a pale cream apart from the one khaki green feature wall her mum insisted she have. Clothes and shoes lay discarded on the floor and one grey, dim lamp lit up the room from the corner. It was plain and simple because that's all it needed to be, Judy was never usually in her room anyway, too busy out with 'friends'.

         With a bag packed and her hair tied back into a low pony tail Judy made quick strides towards her door. When she placed her hand on the door and opened it she was met with the curious face if she did not want to see.