ten.

。・:*:・゚★

CHAPTER TENpotential

CHAPTER TEN
potential

               ELEVEN O'CLOCK AT NIGHT. The streets of Timor Point were dark, there wasn't a soul in sight. A ghost town in the eyes of a newcomer but not for its usual residents, who's costumery belief was be inside by ten or face the terror. Of what, no one knew, the sleepy town had suddenly been awoken by a dark force that was creeping closer every hour. It could be found in every crevice as its thick tar-like self leaked deeper and deeper into the roots of which was once a town like any other with a squeaky clean history. However Timor Point was gaining huge stain, which in due course would lethally effect the past of the 'normal' town. Even so a few bright lights still shone through, one coming from the East which was home to the Everett's cafe. A joyful spark which currently held inside two young teens.

Within the cafe were James and Cameron, who sat at one of the perfectly polished tables, the warm toned lighting licked at their skin gently as they sipped from blue and green coffee mugs.

There was no denying that both were shocked at the turn their lives had made as of late, yet they were quite jubilant to continue even if it was not foreseen by them. The truth was neither had experienced a relationship as precious as this one. Woeful James Everett had never had the pleasure of having a friend, no one had gave him the chance and as a result he completely shut off the idea of ever having anything meaningful, even if it meant never experiencing its wondrous opportunities.

Then there was indistinct Cameron Mort who had only ever enjoyed the company of fake friends in his time. Every friendship even more bitter than the last as they basked in the comfort of an adoring group of followers who adored their every step. Everything was unclear for Cameron back then, he had no clue what to do so he followed the others being agreeable, standing by while the weaker boy was picked on and prodded because after his own experience of hurt he didn't want to go back, or so he thought. Now everything was clearer as he stared across at James who was looking carefully out of the window almost questioning why everything outside looked still as if it was waiting for the right moment to pounce.

Cameron shifted, "I should probably get going." He stood, grabbing his jacket, it was a few shades darker than his mug.

James crystalline blue eyes loomed on the outside world a little longer before he nodded in agreement and grabbed the two contrasting mugs. "Yeah, my Aunt will kill me if I lock up after twelve again." As he travelled to the back of the shop to wash out the two mugs Cameron let out a laugh.

"What were you doing up at twelve? Don't you got to bed at nine." The snort he let out after was not subtle as James replied back, sarcasm dripping.