Ch. 3: Courage Of The Kids

ELARA
♾♾♾♾♾

I walk inside of space station, guards and civilians passing by me. The others who came down with the Ark were already working on building this place up better, adding a wall and watch towers. Reminds me of a prison.

When I spot Kane, I follow him to the room where they must be keeping Bellamy. I stand further down in the corridor but close enough so that I can hear the conversation from inside.

I listen as Kane talks to Bellamy about setting up a search team.

"The search team doesn't know the woods like we do," I whisper to myself, still listening.

"I need to be on that team, those are my people out there," I hear Bellamy plead with Kane.

"They're my people too," Kane responds.

I feel a sharp pain in my chest like I have just been stabbed. Anger boils in my blood. I go to take a step and confront Kane about his idiotic thoughts but stop when I watch several guards walk Murphy past me and into the room.

I glare at the back of his head as he walks in. "Asshole," I mutter.

After a few minutes, Kane finally exits. I take this as my chance and speak up, "You're people?" Kane looks over at me, stopping in his tracks. "You sent them down here to die. They aren't you're people, they're mine."

Kane opens his mouth to speak but I beat him to it.

"We aren't going to help you and you're search team get them back. But you will help us,"

He goes to speak again but this time is cut off but the sound of multiple gun shots. I bore a whole into the back of his head as I watch him run off to figure out what the problem is.

♾♾♾

I walk into the infirmary tent that had been set up.

Finn sits in a chair next to Raven who lies in a bed. She was paler than before and her forehead was covered in sweat. I pull up a chair next to Finn.

"Hey,"

"Hey,"

"How is she?" I ask him.

"We're still waiting on Abby," He watches Raven intently, holding her hand and rubbing small circles over her skin. Finns eyes are filled with exhaustion, worry and pain.

I lean over and put my head on his shoulder. "She'll be okay," I assure him.

He only manages a nod.

I pull back and nudge him, "Hey, we'll find Clarke too,"

He looks over at me, "You sure about that?"

I tilt my head down and bite my lip. After a long pause I answer truthfully, "I don't know,"

Finn looks back at Raven.

Her eyes open slowly. When she sees me, she sends me a weak smile.

"Hi," I say to her.