8 || protective boys

(Y/N's pov)

It was a chilly, mopey, moist and cloudy Wednesday morning. I slowly made my way down to the meeting spot of our group. My hand in my pockets and a bored expression.

I drifted off into the abyss of my own thoughts, zoning out of reality, trapped in a whole new world.

Something scratched at me from my subconscious side and I restrictedly peered up. Everywhere around there were students glaring me down as if I'd somehow inconvenienced them all.

Soon, I met eyes with Ryland.

He sat timidly leaning against the left side of the corridor, sheepish eyes and a clearly blackened eye.

The one thing that painted his face was regret.

He also had a busted lip, a small slit on his cheek and a clearly bruised ego.

As he looked me up and down - with a quivering bottom lip - I decided to evacuate and continue to where the boys were all hanging. I couldn't bare the intensity of being there any longer.

I approached Laurence, by the somewhat confused scowl, he had picked up on my sour mood.

"Hey, are you good?" It was a quick change in voice that he had. I did not want the attention on me today though, I wasn't feeling it from any of the guys.

So I needed to get it off me.

"hah! yeah i'm fine! why?" My voice was shaky and not convincing, but he bought it somehow.

"Oh, haha, no reason, you just looked a little sad." He put his hand on the back of his neck and a light blush dusted his cheek.

~Homeroom~

I was slumped deep into my chair, awful posture in an attempt to hide my face. I didn't want anyone talking to me, or even looking at me.

For some reason, I wasn't able to sweep some dumb black-headed boy off my mind. It was like he was permanently engraved there, forever a part of me.

And that made me mad.

I moaned and shoved my nose against the wood as hard as I could as some sort of self torture.

"Hey Y/N, what's wrong?" Dante questioned me, with a confused but interested tone in his voice, like he genuinely wanted to know, for his own conscious. He pulled out a chair and placed it next to my table.

You shrug, "dunno".

The bell for lesson one rung soon after. I had art class up next, my mood swapped from silent and grumpy, to anxious and excited. I was excited to see Gene, I was excited to work on our assignment and talk. I made my way to class with a fast pace and prep-in-my-step.

I approached the room, fixed my posture and put on a light smile. I walked in the door and instantly made eye contact with Gene. He looked pleased and shot a small smirk my way.

Oh my, that smirk

Gene then gestured for me to sit next to him, on the left. He tapped the seat with the creepy grin never drooping, always sharp and steely, like he's always plotting something.

I couldn't help but wander why he wanted me to sit next to him. Maybe it's because Sasha failed to show up again, he probably gets bored sitting alone during the lessons.

Whatever the reason, I'm not arguing.

I held my books to my chest and sheepishly skipped over to him while awkwardly smiling. He rolled his shoulders and pulled out the chair for me, still sitting in his own seat.