12 || the second half

Yato reminds me of Gene, tehe.

The night was unfortunately coming to a closure. Everyone had by now finished their dinner, the only issue was between Laurance and Mitchi, they didn't get along as well as everyone had assumed. If fact, they were ignoring each other the entirety of the night.

Something was wrong with Laurance, you noticed he was looking your way very often. Whenever you would laugh at one of Gene's jokes, Laurance would be listening closely, he was just so off.

"Well everyone, i think its almost time we all head home! It's getting fairly late," Aphmau says, she seemed a little sad too that her dream date was closing off. It was finally going so well, too.

"Aph! Aphmau! Oh my gosh I am so that happy you're here!" A friend of Aphmau's came around the corner and over to our table. It was a tall girl, our age, her name was Lucinda I'd been told. She had flawless, long orange hair and distractingly fluorescent red eyes. "I need a ride home, I can wait if that would be easier, but I just really need a ride home. I dont have my phone or wallet or anything!" Lucinda continues to whine in distress.

"Oh Lucinda, i'm sorry but our car is already full! We couldn't fit anyone else in even if we wanted to." Aphmau seemed rather upset that she was unable to help her friend when in need.

A sad and worried look whipped over Lucinda's face. She looked all around the room in a panic.

You breathe, "Hey, take my seat in the car. I can just walk home. I don't live too far from here, i'll just walk." You smile and nod your head to show them it was totally fine with you, you didn't mind the slight sacrifice.

"Oh I couldn't, Y/N!" She whines terribly.

"But you can, and you will." you order while trying to raise the dampened energy around the table.

"R-Really? Oh thank you so much! You're such an angel!" Lucinda began hopping around, relieved and saved. Aphmau smiled and nod graciously at you.

You looked back up to Gene, who was a decent amount taller then you. He had a shocked look on his face. His beautiful blue orbs were wide open and he seemed somewhat worried the way he glared down at you.

"What?"

"Well then, let's head home." Garroth took a stand and offered his hand to Kawaii-Chan. She took it happily and stood up. He then received a cute smile from her. All of the others found their ways up and back to the cars. Travis offered his hand to Katelyn, but instead of a cute smile, he received a playful slap and a cheeky smirk from Katelyn.

Gene's worried expression changed into a confident smile soon enough. He stood and held out his hand for you, you took it, he lifted you up and everyone made their way out to the front of the diner. [A/N: after paying for the food, of course 🤪]

Aphmau's mother and Garroth's mother were already waiting outside. They were loudly chattering to each other as all the kids said their goodbyes. Garroth and Kawaii-Chan had an adorable hug, Katelyn and Travis shared and awkward stare, Mitchi and Laurance didn't acknowledge each other and Aphmau gave Kai a sweet hug and kiss on the cheek.

You looked up to Gene who was surprisingly bright red. Why was he blushing so hard? You looked down to avoid flustering yourself, only to realize that Gene was still holding onto your hand.

"OH! ahh err, i'm sorry!" Then you were both literal tomatoes, trapped in giggling. You fancied this side of Gene as superior.

You waved to everyone and watched them file into their cars. It took a quick moment, but Gene looked over to the guys and waved goodbye to them too. Isn't he riding with them? Both the car doors slammed shut and drove off, you stared in confusion.