Chapter 17: Too Close

Nothing. No loud breathing. No shaking. No laughing. No screaming. No answer. Just my heartbeat busting through my ears. I held back my sigh.

"What do you want to be?"

Once again, I was caught completely off guard. "Umm, I don't know. I mean I know this is dangerous, liking you and all. Being intimate with you. All of it is new and weird. A good weird. I don't know what I want to be. I've put myself in tough situations in the past, abusive relationships and all, but this is the most terrifying." I stopped to take a breath.

I could tell she was about to say something so I continued. "It's not bad, the feelings I have for you, they're just dangerous. Your job is on the line. Whatever relationship we have is on the line. Your future is on the line. Everything we are going towards is out on the line just by going for this one thing. I don't know how you feel, I'm not you, but I'm not sure if I'm willing to risk everything I want with you or for you." I sighed and stopped.

   "I understand." She put her hand on my knee. "I understand. I like you. I actually, genuinely like you. At first, it was a game, I wasn't sure how I felt I just wanted you to be mine. I want there to be us. I just don't want to get too close too soon. I don't want either one of us to get hurt."  She removed her hand. "I want us to wait."

   It was my turn to give her a simple nod.

   Once again, complete silence.

   "I have to go, I have a class I have to get back to before the students roll in." She buttoned up her top.

   "Oh, of course," I replied. I wanted to say it was weird that she felt she had to remind me, but I lost all track of reality when I was with her.

   "I'll see you tomorrow in class?"

   "Or after school during practice, me being team captain and all that."

   She laughed as she walked towards where we came in at. I helped her down before walking to the couch to think about everything that had just happened while I finished my chicken sandwich.

Ding

unknown: we're still on for this weekend, yeah?
yeah:)

   I still had no clue who had been texting me but I was excited to switch things up. I don't know how I felt about this Ms Grande thing. I wanted us, but I didn't want us, whatever we were. I wanted something else, just to take my mind off of everything.