( 十 )

Charlie entered the coffee shop, scanning through the crowd her eyes landed on a familiar figure. The German was busy reading a book—the book she gave him on his birthday a few days back.

She walked towards where he was sitting, "Is this seat taken?" Charlie asked, making Julian just shake his head in response.

There was this silence in the air. When they were together, they would never be this quiet. Today was different, the air between them was definitely awkward.

"Hey," She started, clearing the dead air. "About the art—"

"Save it." Julian cut her off. "You don't need to explain, Charlie. I just don't understand why you have to lie and hide everything from me."

Do.
Not.
Cry.
Charlotte.
Young.

"I—I thought it would change everything. When we first met, you didn't have any idea on who I was and I just—I just wanted to be known as Charlie. I didn't want to make a big deal of what I left behind in Singapore."

Julian sighed, "Even if you were the Queen of England, for all I care, my feelings for you would never change." He put down his book before continuing, "It's just sad that I found out about it from someone else's mouth, not from yours. What you did was selfish."

"Jul—"

"Please. I need time to think—to rethink whatever is happening between us."

Nicky
WhatsApp

I screwed up, Nick.