1 •

eden : forever//over
life is going so quickly, i can't catch it
i don't think anyone can.

7 months before

jimin's pov

i closed the rustic door of my aged house, being greeted with the fresh smell of a spring day in seoul, south korea

it's been a long time since I've attended school - but somehow jungkook has persuaded me to go.
he's the only reason I could withstand it anyways.

i walked down the steps of my house and through the narrow pavements of my street.
white, fluffy clouds coated the blue sky as i strolled through the lonely, yet beautiful streets of my hometown absorbing the senses of the beautiful day it was.

the moment i had was ruined when i felt two hands grasp my shoulder and shake it violently.

'BOO!'

out of reflex, i turned around only to see a laughing jeon jungkook. i couldn't help but see how chubby his cheeks went when he laughed, it was cute.

jungkook was my best - and really my only - friend. we both understood each other well, unlike anyone else i've ever communicated with. even if he was a bit annoying at times, i loved him.

'jesus kookie, you scared me,' i sighed a sigh of relief.

'finally coming to school, eh?' he chuckled, grabbing onto my arm and continuing to walk. 'well you definitely didn't decide to come on time,' he lifted his watch up to my face, the screen illuminated onto me, pointing to 8:40. shit. first day back and you're already late?

'oh.. haha,' i replied, adjusting my round spectacles into place.
jungkook glared at me, giving me the look of disappointed but not surprised.

an awkward silence immersed as i waited for jungkook to reply-
'well come on then, let's go?' he violently clutched my arm and speed-walked through the route.

~~~

jungkook and i approached the closed gates of our school, everyone had already gone to class and lessons had started.

a stern lady stood at the front of the gate, clipboard in hand wearing an ankle-long dress and golden metal glasses.
ms hwang.
principal, mum of the school rebel,
hwang hyunjin.

as we approached the gates ms hwang looked up - giving us a discontent look.

'you're late.'

i looked at jungkook, then back at ms hwang then back at jungkook again, he raised his eyebrows.

jungkook sighed and said 'yes ms - it was my fault we were late - i apologize.' he looked back at me and smiled.

'your fault or not, you both are still getting a detention. could i have your names please?'

i cleared my throat and said 'park jimin, and he's jeon jungkook.'

'park jimin? did i hear that correctly?' she raised her eyes from the clipboard in awe.

'yes miss, park jimin.' i bit my lip as i watched her write my name down on the clipboard.

'you haven't been to school in ages,' she replied, clicking her tongue 'thought you'd gone missing.' jungkook shrugged me slightly when he heard her say that - i rolled my eyes in response.

'go on then; get to class now.' ms hwang opened the gate and let us into the school grounds.

will anyone even remember who i am?

•••

i haven't been on wattpad in so long 😔
next chapter will be longer by the way