Bonus Chapter

[As a late thank you for how amazing you all are, here is a bonus chapter. I also wanted to tell you that I love your comments, even if I don't always respond right away. You make me laugh a lot. Thanks again, I hope you'll enjoy this new part]

Draco Malfoy
I'll fucking kill you Potter !

Kitten 💚
I'm on my way I promise !

Draco Malfoy
You better be or Merlin helps me I'm gonna slice your throat

Kitten 💚
Now you're scaring me

Draco Malfoy
I'm the one who's scared here. You promised you'd be there

Kitten 💚
And I will be, just give me two more minutes

Draco Malfoy
Okay. Now stop texting and hurry up

Draco didn't wait for a reply before pocketing his phone. He let out a deep sigh and resumed his pacing. He never thought he would ever be afraid of talking in public, but so many things had changed since the war. If his father could see him now...

He stopped and turned around when he heard someone running in his direction. He did his best to hide his fond smile, but somehow, he felt it hadn't quite worked.
Harry Potter was running like a madman towards him, face red, glasses askew, dressed in such a hurry that he looked like he had been caught by a tornado on his way.

"I'm so sorry I'm late" The green-eyed wizard managed to say through his panting a he stopped his crazy race in front of the blonde.

"Always the graceful one, ain't you" The Slytherin snorted, which made Harry laugh in answer.

"I hate you" Draco said, though he was still smiling.

"Of course you do" Harry replied, taking Draco in his arms. He couldn't believe he had to fall back asleep this morning, even as all of his mates had been preparing for today, though it was hardly his fault he had texted his boyfriend until four in the morning because the git couldn't find sleep being as nervous as he was.

"You look horrible" Draco smiled, properly knotting Harry's tie.
"You look like you didn't have any sleep" the other retaliated, more in a concerned than a teasing voice.
"Probably because I didn't." Came the quiet answer.

Draco's hands stilled on Harry's shirt as he gazed up.

"It should be you." The blonde said.

Harry kissed him briefly. "No, it shouldn't."

They had had this conversation over and over again in the past couple of weeks, and it frustrated Harry how Draco was deaf to his words of reassurance. He felt helpless.

"You're gonna do great, I know it. Who cares what they'll think anyway ? In less than..." He looked at his phone before he went on "two hours, we're getting out of here."

This made Draco smile and relax, and he put his head in the crook of Harry's neck.

"I'm sorry, I'm just..." Draco sighed.
"It's okay." Harry said, kissing his temple. "I'm so proud of you".

Draco couldn't help but smile again. He just loved hearing those words. Harry was the first person ever to be proud of him, and Draco relished in the feeling. After all, he felt like he was worth something. And he was going to prove that to them, going to make Harry even prouder.