Chapter 2

I looked at the door in anticipation as I heard light footsteps coming in my direction. A knock soon followed. I opened the door already knowing who to expect.

"Damn you not gonna invite me in," Kaitlynn replied. I continued to stare at her. She rolled her eyes. "What you doing tonight?"

"Sitting here," I answered.

"Come out with me," she said excited.

"Don't you have friends," I questioned.

"Yes but they aren't you," she giggled. I didn't speak. "Come on Le. Ali used to hang with me, but she got a girl and started acting funny. Plus you been here two days and haven't left out once," she whined.

"Who is Ali? You keep mentioning her," I said already knowing.

"She's this fine ass stud," Kaitlynn said biting her lip. "I wanted her, but she was acting like I was too young."

"Well, how old are you," I asked.

"Can you let me in please? It feels like Satan sat his ass crack over Atlanta," she sighed. I looked her up and down before giving in. I already researched her and knew she was safe for the most part. I just didn't feel like being friendly, but I suppose a normal college student would want friends.

"Dang your walls painted and shit. You got speakers. You living dope. Where's your TV?" she said in one breath.

"Stop being nosy," I answered.

"I'm not, and to answer your question I'm 19 but she 25, so she think she somebody grown ass momma," she said plopping on the couch.

"Oh, I feel it," I answered, in hopes that letting her vent would reveal new information.

"And now she got this new bitch and she out here acting like she don't know anybody; and whats crazy is that this bitch came out of nowhere. She doesn't even go the a college in the AU. You know what her mannish ass might go to Morehouse," she giggled. I ignored the shade but a part of that caught my attention. "Let me stop she cute. No body shaming," she concluded.

"Well where does she go," I asked.

"Girl, wait," she paused, and I sighed thinking maybe she was done spilling Ali's business. "What's your pronoun," she asked. ""I smiled at her consideration. "Oh my god, your mean ass can smile," she said.

"She/her, they/them, Daddy,"I said slightly flirting.

"Aye don't tease me. I'll give you something worth getting. Anyway girl, the bitch is so secretive. She won't say nothing bout where she go, what she do, fucking nothing. The little bitch suspect to me. Speaking of that, where you go?" she asked.

"I just transferred to Clark from a community college in Texas," I said giving her enough to keep her happy.

"Okay cool. I go to Spelman, but white boy and Ali go to Clark. White boy in Germany or some shit, but I'll introduce you to Ali at the party tonight. As long as she not stuck up her girl's ass," she laughed. I stayed silent. "You are going with me right," she pouted.

"Yeah," I conceded.

"Yay, okay and you're the designated driver so don't try drinking. Oh, and please don't let me leave the party with anyone man or woman no matter how fine drunk me says they are," she smiled before prancing out the house.

------------

Kaitlynn and I entered the party and I frowned. "Stop looking so damn mean," she said slapping my arm.