Chapter 5

🕸{Peter's POV}🕸

2 weeks later, Friday. 1:30 pm

People left me alone about my arm about a week ago. Which is nice, don't get me wrong, but the few students that were working on that portal gun are a little angry with me.

Well, not so much at me, but at the fact that their machine was broken and was proven to be dangerous. Max told them that they would have to be watched if they planned on recreating it.

They don't show it upfront that they're pissed, but I've caught them side eyeing me when I walk by. I get it, though, that was their final project and now they have to come up with something else.

I already finished my final project so there's nothing for me to stress over. Well, except finals that are next week, but I should be fine.

It's just a test. That's all. Thinking about them that way keeps me from having a break down when I think of them.

I finish up the last of my homework and stand up. As I put the pages and books into my bag I realized a paper taped to my lab door.

It was folded with my name written in cursive with a red pen. The paper was a clean white and smooth. It showed that the person who put it here was delicate with it.

I got up with my bag and grabbed the paper carefully. If I have this while I'm with my friends they'll probably want me to read it to them and if I refused they'd most likely steal it. Yeah, I'm going to read it now.

Opening it, I immediately noticed that the person who wrote this had changed pens. The whole note wasn't in cursive, but the writing was neat nonetheless.

Dearest Peter,

We've never officially met before, but I just couldn't seemed to get you off my mind lately. I don't know why. Maybe it's your assortment of hoodies and button ups or how you seem to light up a room when you enter. You're name is now starting to sound like a sweet melody that is getting stuck in my head. Unlike the ones that I'd wish would just leave my memories, I hope yours will never leave. One day I'll muster up the courage to tell you all of this face to face, but for now I'll stay hidden behind these papers and ink. Please don't feel like you have to send a reply back. I'll know that you have read them. Don't wonder how, I just have this way of knowing in my head.

Love your secret admirer.

My face heated up while reading that. Someone really thinks of me like that? This could be a prank. But then again, the person who wrote this sounded really serious to me.

It still sounds really sweet. I folded it back up and put it inside of my bag. Not in my folder, I'd lose it in there. So I put it in the pocket that I never use.

Now, I'm not sure if I respirate their feelings, but who ever it is, they seem nice. Plus, it wouldn't hurt to be a little interested in finding out who this mystery person is, right?

-🕸🕷🕸🕷🕸--🕸🕷🕸🕷🕸--🕸🕷🕸🕷🕸-

Sorry that this is a bit short.
Anyways, eat grass, kick ass, and sled fast my fine fellas.

~Eggory