Chapter 3

Jade POV
"Let me get this straight. Your not going back to Berk, instead you are bringing me to an island to train me to be a dragon rider. After you do that you want me to be your informant and join the dragon hunters?" Dagur asked me once I finished telling him my plan. "Yeah." I told him straight forward. "Uhm... ok it might work what is the worst that could happen." He answered.

We were almost at the island so I knew the other dragon riders and all of Berk probably were freaking out. I decided to send Phoenix to give a letter to snotlout since were the closest.

Snotlout POV
Stoik was throwing things, Hiccup was pacing, Gobber was hyperventilating, and I was just totally freaking out. Almost all of Berk (everyone except Mildew) was gathered in the great hall because no one has seen Jade for more than 12 hours. There were scouts out all morning. Jade has never gone missing like this before. She has never been gone more than an hour without telling one of us. I needed fresh air so I walked outside the great hall.

I walked for a few more minutes when I saw a dragon with no rider coming for me. As the dragon ran over and I could see it more clearly I realized it was Phoenix. "What is it girl? Is Jade ok?" I asked worried I would not like the dragons reply. She motioned to her saddle bag and I realized what she wanted to show me. It was a letter from Jade and it said.

Dear Snotlout,
I'm sorry for leaving so abruptly, but I think I found a way to take down the dragon hunters. I'm going to be gone for a while but I will use a different dragon to communicate with you. Your my best friend and I need you to trust me when I say that I'm going to be fine. I will probably be gone for 2 months. I need you and the rest of the dragon riders to find an island base outside of the Archipelago. Build me a hut and send me the coordinates I will come back when I'm ready. Explain this to my family and try to be sincere. Don't get yourself killed I will be back soon enough.
With love,
Jade
P.S. Bring Phoenix with you when you tell Dad, Hiccup, and the rest of the dragon riders she will explain it to the other Dragons and hopefully stop my Family from killing you.
XOXO

Hiccup will not believe this. All of Berk is going to freak. What if Jade never come back to us. What if she is really in trouble. Calm down Snotlout she said she was alright. "Come on Phoenix lets go tell the others." I told Phoenix walking back to the Great Hall.

Jade POV
We had finally landed in the island an hour after I sent Phoenix back to Berk. The crew started unpacking and making camp since we will be here for a while. I was sitting next to Dagur on the deck when I had a brilliant idea. "Dagur why don't we start training tomorrow. Let's go have some fun!" I told him excitedly. "I don't know Jade..." Dagur answered. "Come on you big baby." I told him with a little pout. Before he could answer I grabbed his hand and pulled him off the boat.

We weaved in and out of the other crew members with me laughing the entire way. We got to the beginning of the forest when Dagur asked, "where are we going?" I replied by saying, "Dont worry I come here a lot and I know exactly where we can have some fun." With a sly grin I made my way through the forest with Dagur in tow.

After a few more minutes of walking and friendly conversation we made it. It was beautiful clearing in the woods with crystal clear water and a small water fall. It was secluded and none of the men would bother us. "Wow this is beautiful." Dagur said in awe. "I know right." I responded taking in the scenery just like Dagur. I took off my boots, my tunic, and my leggings leaving only my bra and underwear. I jumped right in.

Dagur POV
Jade dragged me to this wonderful secluded lake in the middle of the forest I was in awe with how nature could make something so perfect. Although I thought the way Jades eyes lit up taking in all the scenery. I was about to tell her how beautiful she looked when she started taking off her clothes. I was confused at first but when she jumped in I knew what she was doing. After a few minutes she swam back up to the top. "Come on the water is so warm!" She exclaimed dipping her hair back letting the current brush it out of her face.

Excepting her invitation I stripped to my underwear and jumped in also

Excepting her invitation I stripped to my underwear and jumped in also. Jade covered her face to keep the splash out of her eyes which caused me to chuckle. "Are you laughing at me?" Jade asked with a giggle. "Yes." I told her laughing. "Oh this means war." She said in the coldest face she could muster. She started pelting me with water droplets although not doing a very good job. This went back and forth for a few minutes just us splashing each other. Finally I found my opening. She was getting the hair out of her face while I went under water. I opened my eyes and picked her up from her legs. She gave a little help of surprise and then started giggling.

"Ok you can put me down." She said with a laugh after I was tickling her. "As you wish." I told her with a small smirk. I dropped her just like she wanted right into the water. She came up with a look of determination to get me back. We stayed like this for a few more hours just enjoying each other's company.

The sun was starting to set when we finally got out of the lake. I started shaking off like a dog. Jade must have found this funny because she burst out laughing. "What did you want me to do?" I asked. "Nothing that's just a unique way to dry yourself." Jade replied grabbing a animal fur blanket she had brought. Just as she was turning back around her hair got snagged by a low branch on one of the trees.

Jade yelped in surprise and she was pulled back. She tried to pull her hair but it refused to budge. After a few more seconds of Jades grunts, incoherent mumbling, and pathetic tries I shut her down. "Calm down let me do it." I told her walking over. "Yeah like you will be able to do it." She said sarcastically. Little did she now I had few tricks up my sleeve. I calmly ran my fingers through her hair. After a few minutes I got her hair out of the tree but not all the wood was out of her hair. "Thank you Dagur but I can do the rest." She told me after seeing I got most of it out. "Nonsense. Sit down I will do the rest." I told her gesturing to a seat on a log.

After hesitating for a few moments she sat down. I once again ran my fingers through her hair. All the wood was out but I still played with her hair while she had her eyes closed humming a song I could not place my finger on. After about 10 minutes I managed to put her hair in two beautiful braids. "Ok all done." I told her gesturing to go look at her reflection in the lake. She got up and hesitantly looked at her reflection scared that I ruined her hair. "Oh my Thor Dagur this is amazing. This is the best braids I've seen from here to Valhalla." She told me in astonishment. "Where did you learn to do this?" She asked with curiosity. I took an unsteady breath as I told her, "I had a little sister Hiccups age. When I was 8, and she was only 6 she was kidnapped but I used to do her hair everyday." I told her with a little smile. "Oh Dagur I'm so sorry. You don't have to share that personal stuff with me if you don't want to." Jade told me with honesty in her words touching out to me telling me it was going to be ok. "No it's fine." I told her with a real smile this time.

We stayed out there until we could barely see anymore just looking at the pale moon. "Jade we should probably head back." I said before looking down to see Jade asleep. She looked so peaceful that I could bring myself to wake her up. Instead I picked her up bridal style wrapping the blanket around her. Luckily it was a full moon and it dimly lit a path so we would not get hurt on our journey back. As I walked back I held on to Jade closely as sure nothing could hurt her even nightmares. As we got back to the ship I once again set her down on my bed, with me falling asleep in the chair next to her listening to her rhythmic breathing.