Chapter 8

Jade POV
We got to Dragons Edge late in the afternoon. Since Shatter Master is a gronkle he gets tired easily and had to stop a few times. The island seemed to be deserted. I concluded the gang was on a mission. I decided it would be a good time to explore the island. I took both dragons to the stables giving them fish. I walked into one of the huts which I'm guessing is my brothers. There were Toothless's spare tails lining the walls. It looked nice but I continued into the next hut. The next one was Astrid's. There were weapons everywhere and it kind of scared me. I just passed by Snotlouts hut since I have already seen it. I came to the twins hut which I tried to go into but the stench forced me out. Finally I come to Fishlegs hut that was filled with dragon knowledge.

I passed by what I assume is the twins boat out and Fishlegs garden. I circled back to the stables and fetched the dragons. Phoenix was napping and was grumbling when I woke her up. "Come on girl. Just come to the clubhouse with me. I want someone there when I explain where I was." I pleaded with her. She hesitantly got up and walked out of the stables me at her feet and Shatter Master, full of energy, bounding ahead of us. We got to the clubhouse and Phoenix sat down and went back to bed. Shatter Master was playing with a stick he found when walking near. I could have sworn I heard a sound. It sounded like an animal. Suddenly I look up to see a chicken on the ceiling beams. "Shatter Master give me a boost." I told him. He came and boosted me up so I could save the chicken that was stuck up there. "Hey you must be Chicken. Tiff it told me all about you in his letters. I know Tuffnut we are friends can you let me help you down." I asked her in a comforting voice. She clucked in response. I came and scooped her up. She seemed startled at first so I sat up there for a few minutes trying to calm her down. Suddenly I heard voices. The gang came in to the clubhouse. I jumped down right in front of them and said, "hey guys." With a smile I think I startled them though. The gang was a little shocked or at least they looked shocked. "Guys it's just Jade. What is wrong with you." Someone said from the back. When she stepped from behind them I could see it was Heather. She came over and gave me a big hug I gladly returned. "Hey Heather. It's been too long." I told her with a smile. That was until I looked up at Hiccup he did not look pleased with me.

I hung my head in shake knowing that he was mad I let for a month. "What I'm confused. Why does everyone look so startled that Jade is here. Why is Jade hanging her head and why is Hiccup mad?" Heather asked. "Well let me start at the beginning. So I was flying at night because I could not sleep. When someone shot me and Phoenix down. I ended up explaining to the person who shot us down that dragons were good. Then I had an idea. I would train him to be a dragon rider and then he would pretend to work for the dragon hunters. I then convinced him to come with me to Dragons Edge to explain everything to you guys but then he got hurt protecting the edge. I brought him back, healed him, and then gave him a dragon Shatter Master." I told them gesturing. "Who is this person?" Hiccup asked. "I can't tell you it's for everyone's safety." I replied. "I forgive you and I think everyone else does too." Astrid told me giving me a hug.

Everyone came over and greeted me. "Hey Tuffnut. I found chicken stuck on the ceiling beams." I told him handing chicken over. Soon everyone settled down in the clubhouse. "So Heather. Why are you hear? Not that I don't love seeing you." I asked her. "I'm here for revenge. I'm going to kill Dagur the Deranged." Heather said coldly. I'm guessing no one else knew why see was hear because Hiccup looked startled. Fishlegs looked scared. Tuffnut and Riffnut has there mouths hanging open. Snotlout was you know Snotlout. I was worried for Dagurs life. "And why is that you want to kill Dagur?" I asked with some edge in my voice. "He burnt down my village and get this he's joined the dragon hunters." Heather told me expressing her need to kill him.

This is not good. "Well if you excuse me. Snotlout why don't you show me where to settle down. It was a long flight." I told everyone grabbing Snotlout by the tunic. I hauled him out of the clubhouse. "What is this about?" Snotlout asked patting him wrinkled tunic. "I need you to cover for me. I will be back in 4 hours the most." I told him. "Jade you can't keep disappearing." Snotlout told me worried. "I know but it's important." I told him. Luckily Dagur told me where he would be today so I can still find him. "Fine but be back in 2 hours or I'm telling Hiccup." He said. "Thank you." I said happily kissing his cheek. "Yeah. Just go." He replied walking back to the clubhouse. Dagur I'm coming.

It only took me 20 minutes at full speed on Phoenix to get to Dagurs ship. I jumped off Phoenix as soon as we were close enough that I would not die. Dagur turned around with the commotion I made. I leaped into his arms and he almost fell down. "Hey what happened you couldn't have missed me already." He said with a chuckled but I can tell he was worried. By this time I had tears streaming down my face. I pulled away and pushed my lips to his. He seemed a little taken back but kissed back. After what felt like an eternity I pulled away. "Are you okay? Are you hurt? Has a evil nasty she-demon come to kill you yet?" I asked worried moving his arms to check for bruises. "I'm fine. Are you ok? Tell me what happened." Dagur said leading me below the ship and into his room. I sat on his bed and evened our my breathing. "Well I went back and all the riders had gone on a mission. A few hours later they came back with our old friend Heather who has a dragon but we haven't seen her in years. I asked her why she was in the archipelago. She said she was here to kill you." I told him my voice cracking at the end. I took a deep breath and continued. "And then I came here." I finished wiping the tears from my face.

"Don't worry Jade I will be fine." Dagur assured me after listening to my story. "No 'she-demon' is going to hurt me." Dagur added. "I promise I will be careful but I'm sure your brother and your friends are worried. You have to go back. I will be ok." Dagur said. "I know I have to go back but you need to be safe." I told him both of us going back upstairs. I saw Phoenix eating fish and I couldn't help but chuckle. "Goodbye Dagur." I said pulling him into a kiss. After a few minutes we pulled away. Dagur brought me into a hug pressing a kiss to my forehead. "Don't worry. All will be fine. Good bye Jade." He said pulling away. I got on Phoenix and took off. Soon Dagur and the ship was a small speck in the vast sea.