4

Well hello there, long time no see. 😅 This one is kinda long but🤷‍♀️

_________

It has already been 6 hours on the river, 6
fucking hours. But you had to keep going. You layed between Boy and Girl, holding them to you as they slept.

You tried to stop your shaking but nothing seemed to work. And Malorie was looking worse by the hour. Stress was written across her face as she spoke into the walkie-talkie. Saying "Anybody there?" to the wind. Over and over. Only to get static in return.

She tossed the radio to the side and ran a hand down her face. She looked at you and the only thing you could do was reach out and grab her hand and squeeze it. She held onto your hand like both of your lives depended on it, and in a way....it did.

_______

You silently made your way down the steps, following the noise. "Its been three days since these, um events unfolded.." You peak around the corner to see everyone was doing something. "Stations lines are down. I cant get in touch with anyone." Cheryl was cleaning the island, Greg and Tom were walking around doing things here and there. And Douglas was mixing a deck of cards.

"We haven't heard anything from any authorities.... but if you are listening. From what I can gather, as long as you stay indoors." You watch from the bottom steps, not sure you were allowed to go in the kitchen. "As long as you dont look at those....things. You'll be fine." You wanted to roll your eyes at the radio guy, but the radio guy was scared. All of you were.

"Do not go outside. The moment I receive anymore news, I will be sure to update you." You suck in your lips before slowly walking forward. "My husband works in trusts and estates what kind of law do you do?" Cheryl asked Douglas. "Bankruptcy." He replied, "When he's not suing his neighbors." Greg said with a smile. How the hell could they be smiling? At a time like this?!

Toms eyes immediately found you when you rounded the corner from the stairs. "Hey kiddo, you hungry?" Everyone stopped talking and looked over at you, making you shrink back. You look back at Tom then the floor, shrugging a little.

Cheryl looked at you with pity, but then smiled, "Cmon sweetie, why don't you help me clean up." You nod your head and walk over to her, trying to ignore Douglas' glare. You helped with the dishes while everyone else went back to what they were doing, missing the way Malorie looked at you before looking back at the table.

"How are you feeling (y/n)?" Greg asked coming up next to you. You didn't meet his gaze, "As good as I can get." You mumbled, and then looked up at him a little, "I'm just...scared. Really scared." He looks at you with sympathy, "I know, we all are. Just keep yourself healthy and we'll keep you safe." You smile a little at him and he rubs your arm before walking away.

"Hey, how long is our food going to last?" Felix asked, Tom walked behind you, ruffling your hair lightly while passing by. You freeze for a second but continue washing dishes with Cheryl. "Not much longer. Because some of us don't understand the concept of rationing." Douglas said while sitting down, giving Malorie a pointed look.

You stop for a second before softly saying, "You shouldn't say that." Douglas turns around and looks at you with an accusing glare. "Excuse me?" You look up at him, "You shouldn't say that about Malorie. She's eating for two people, and if she doesn't eat enough she'll kill herself and the baby."

Douglas didn't say anything back, just held your stare before Tom changed the subject. "Douglas you said your house is behind this one, didn't you?" Cheryl grabbed your attention, "Alright sweetie, let's put these away now."  You smile a little at her. "How about when we finish this, we go for a food run?"