6

Ho shit, would you look at that. I'm alive! You guys are probably mad at me right now, but here's a chapter for yah!

______________

You later shut yourself in a closet, away from everybody. You huddled in the far corner and hugged your knees to your chest. All you wanted to do was disappear. Just for this nightmare to end.

You rocked back 'n forth and cried. Cried for everyone. You cried for Tom. Cried for Greg. Cried for your mom. Everybody. There was no hope at all. Nothing left. Nobody was going to be able to save you. Nobody. You were the last ones. Everyone is going to die. Die. Die. Die-

"(y/n)?"

You gasp, raising your head at the voice quickly. Someone knocked softly on the door, "(y/n) is that you?" It was Malorie. "Yes." You call out quietly, practically a whisper. You could hear her sigh, "uh can-can I come in?" You wipe your nose and sniff. "...sure."

You watched her walk in slowly, and close the door behind her. Her baby bump making it a little difficult to maneuver in the closet. You furrow your eyebrows as she slides down the wall next to you. "...you don't have to sit here and comfort me, you know." You mumble, staring at the floor.

She stared at you for a bit before answering, "...I know. But..you shouldn't be alone right now." You stare at her for a few seconds before looking back at your feet. You shuddered from the new sobs and you rested your head on her shoulder, "....thank you."

She let you cry into her shoulder for a long time while she rubbed your arm. Which eventually lead you to falling asleep.
__________

Malorie woke you up to bring you to bed. You weren't able to question her that it was her bed and not yours because you were already asleep once you hit the pillow. Malorie tried asking you a question, but once she saw that you were asleep she just smiled softly. But it was kicked to the side by surprise at her maternal takeover and she covered you with a blanket and walked away.

You woke up a bit later in the night, expecting Malorie to be sleeping next to you. But she wasn't there. You were alone. Malorie was gone and you had no idea where she was or anyone else for that matter.

You quickly shoved the blankets off your body, fear rising steadily. It spreading from your chest to every point of your body.  You walked as fast as you could down that single hallway. Whispering her name as you looked for her. Slowly looking into every room around the doorway like there might be someone that wants to hurt you.

You neared the stairs, hearing soft voices at the bottom of them. And once you turned the corner, you locked eyes with Malorie and Tom. Both of their faces shifting quickly from happy to worried.

Your chest heaved up in down in panic as you stared at them. Nobody said anything. Their silent questions sent at you.

Tom and Malorie watched as your face contorted into one that was holding back tears. You squeezed your eyes shut and you sank down to your knees, hugging them tightly. At your movement they finally moved towards you, Tom the first one to you.

"Y/n what's wrong? Are you hurt? Are you okay?" You shook your head. Of course you're not okay, Greg is dead. Your dad probably is too. Food is running out quick and the power might go out tomorrow.

Your body shook and you tried not to cry too hard. "I-i- tho-thought that Mal-orie wa-s g-gone." You tried to say as quietly as you could, and let out a sob. "I'm-I'm right here y/n. I'm okay." She told you quietly, her hand rubbing your back.

You nodded your head and let out another quiet sob. You squeezed your arms with your hands. Nails making marks in them. All you wanted was this nightmare to be over. Why couldn't it be over.

The two adults watched the kid. Achild. Break apart in front of them. Watched her be robbed of who she was. Robbed of everything she ever knew. And now, it's tearing her down. So quickly that they don't know if she'll ever be alright. Well, none of them are going to be. They can't be.

You kept muttering things while rocking back and forth for a little bit before slowing down to a stop and just sitting there. Tom cautiously starts talking.

"...Kiddo.....it'll be okay. I know that sounds, absolutely insane. But....it will be." He sighs, "It's not going to be right away of course, but" he looks at you, "Someday it will be. So...for now, you can let out all of your emotions. You do, what you need to do, to be okay. And we will always be there. To help you and protect you.

"So you cry your little heart out, and we will be there to make sure you're okay. We won't leave you. We will survive this together." He said the last part quieter than the rest.

Still holding back tears, you lifted your head and swallowed and asked one word.

"Promise?"

You look at him defeated, he smiles, "Promise." He holds up his pinky, "I pinky promise." Despite yourself and the situation you smile a bit and let out an airy chuckle.

You hold up your pinky and link it with his.

"Pinky promise."