Chapter 4: Rain// Richie

Richie, full point of view. A week later.

Focus Richie, focus. He's just a friend. That's it! Right...? No, focus. C'mon, what was the line...I'm taking to long to answer God, why can't I remember the damn line. Focus, focus. You're Romeo, be Romeo, talking to his love...Juliet. Fucking hell Richie, just answer!

"It was the lark, the herald of the morn, No nightingale. Look, love, what envious streaks, do lace the severing clouds in yonder- Shit was it west or east." I asked the smaller boy walking next to me. "The east." Will replied, "You're doing good Richie." I looked over at him, seeing him smiling softly. There was something warm about his smile, like you just had to smile back because it feels good to. So I did. I smiled at him, and it felt nice to. I looked up and re-did the line I was speaking, with Will's help of course.

But of course, I get interrupted by a raindrop hitting my glasses. I stop to take of my glasses, wiping the water up and hear thunder above us. Through my blurry vision, I see him look up, "like the rain?"

"It's calming."

Richie smiled and put his glasses back on looking at him. He looked back as a few more drops of water began to fall. We just stood there, staring at each other.

"Well that happened fast," Will said, chuckling to me as he pulled his hood of his jacket over his hair. I chuckled with him and just stood in the rain, " c'mon Byers, put your hood down." I said as I began to splash in puddles like an idiot. My feet are going to fucking itch after this. I managed to get  a few chuckles out of Will. It made me happy. Will shook his head, "Good luck getting me to do that." Of course, I took that as a challenge and went over, picked him up around his waist.

"Richie, No! Put me down," He laughed as he struggled. I brought him to the puddle and put him down so he was standing in it. "You're a jerk." He said to me as I just grinned. "Let's get you home now Byers," I said and helped him out of the deep puddle.

We both walked to his house and he walked inside as I followed. He took off his jacket.

"I gotta go Will."

"Thanks for walking me."

"Anytime," I said, "Wait." I ran up to him and hugged him so the water I was soaked with got on him. As I pulled away, Will had an expression that could only be described as, 'well shit.'

"See ya Byers."

A/N: 444 words. I'm so sorry for the long delay. I've been so very busy lately between school and homework. I hope you guys liked the extremely late chapter. I hope to be posting more soon. Thanks for reading thus far. Bye!