Chapter 12: The day of the Play // Ryers

2:56pm Friday

Will walked out of class. Couple more hours. He went looking for Richie but met up with Stan on his way.

"Hey Stan," he began as he caught up with him

"What's up Byers?"

"Not much, just looking for Richie."

"Oh, okay...are you ready for the show?"

"As much as one boy playing Juliet can be."

They both chuckled

"Have you seen Rich?"

"He ditched class with Eddie, so, I'm not too sure."

Will looked away, "Oh-okay...I'll catch up with you later Stanley.." He directed himself into a different direction and went by the back of the school, he could a couple people laughing. He followed the sounds and peered around a corner. It was Richie and Eddie. Rich was smoking leaning against the wall, it was so strange to see him do it.

Eddie was so close to him, the way he stood next to him, so close, so...

I need to leave...

But he kept staring, he couldn't look away. He must've stood there for a while, because Richie had just finished his cigarette.

3:05pm

Richie smiled softly at his friend and crushed the cigarette under his shoe and sighed looking away while Eds talked about his mom. Richie nodded and looked around and saw a familiar face.

A soft boy looking down with tears on his cheeks.

Fuck

"Eddie, I got to go..."

"Oh okay, thanks for listening though."

"Anytime Spaghetti."

Richie looked back to where Will once stood.

Shit, where did he go?

Richie grabbed his bag and started walking, worringly, after the boy. He walked for a while trying to find him, but he knew he wasn't outside. He knew where he was in the school.

Auditorium, 3:37pm

Will sat on the scene for the deathbed, the empty auditorium echoing his cries.

I should've guessed, it's fine. After today, he'll just be my...friend.

I want him though

What's wrong with me.

"Will?" Richie walked in, his head shot up at the the sudden voice. "Rich..."

"Will, what's wrong? Why are you upset?"

You should guess Rich.

Richie started to walk closer to the bed but Will sprung up wiping his tears.

"I'm fine."

"There's no use lyin-"

"See you at the show." Will said and sprinted out of the auditorium.

A/n: this story is coming to an end...