n°8 - when we all lose our mothers, what do we do?

-

[im stupid for forgetting to put the last time skip—

mark: 20
hyuck: 18

sorry for the inconvenience!]

mark hastily applied for a job at heartfelt homestyle, wanting to earn enough money so that he wasn't homeless. he had been using up all the money from his bank account, but all of it was gone now.

he walked in the restaurant with motivation and confidence.

the person who appointed him, who is also his boss, johnny seo, waved.

"wassup mark?" he said in english.

"yo johnny." mark replied.

a korean who lived in america for four years, named jaehyun, muttered to himself. "damn white boys."

mark recognized jaehyun from school.

"get back to work mr. connecticut!"

"on it, mr. chicago."

mark was given the instructions for making their famous sandwich, titled, "Jake."

he would think about haechan, who was busy studying at home, every five minutes. he got this job for them, and he was planning to buy a car.

the other day, they both found that their phone lines were cut off by their mom, so this whole money problem needed to be solved before they were sent to jail.

mark's thoughts were interrupted by a customer that wanted a jake.

"coming right up!"

the customer made a comment saying that there must be some special ingredient put into jake sandwiches because they were just so tasty, and johnny always said that the secret ingredient was his love.

jaehyun rolled his eyes. "i swear to god i'm so done with this fool."

his bored face quickly brightened when he saw doyoung, taeyong (a fellow worker)'s boyfriend come to pick taeyong up.

jaehyun felt so giddy whenever he saw the couple, wanting to join so badly.

"bye jaehyun!" the two said in unison.

"b-bye!"

he was so whipped.

mark had a great first day working at heartfelt homestyle. he even made one last jake for haechan to bring home.

"haechannie i'm home!"

he didn't hear a reply.

must be asleep..

and there the younger was, drooling and asleep on the desk.

"you're supposed to be studying.." mark mumbled, still giving haechan a kiss on the forehead.

"i know. and thank you for the food."

mark jumped.

that little fucker's always got some trick up his sleeve. i wanna punish him so badly.