n°21 - temptation

the halls were oddly excited when mark arrived. girls were squealing and grabbing onto each other and boys' jaws were dropping left and right.

koeun was also there squealing, and that made mark feel suspicious of whatever was happening.

he shoved his way to the front of the crowd to see what all the fuss was about.

mark's soul almost left his body as soon as he got a clear view.

i-is..

is that donghyuck?

the younger had obviously gone though some sort of magical transformation, a transformation that zhong chenle had taken responsibility of.

"jisungie and i helped make hyuckie look like this, he looks stunning, doesn't he?" the chinese boy said proudly, talking to a group of excited girls who all nodded feverishly.

donghyuck was holding onto the sleeve of jisung's pullover timidly, shying and hiding away from all the newfound attention he was getting.

he made eye contact with a dumbfounded mark and felt his own cheeks heat up.

he wanted to go over there and tell the older to shut his mouth, but then he remembered,

we aren't like that anymore.

and he stayed in place.

donghyuck noticed koeun in the growing crowd and made a sour face at her.

the fuck is she doing here? who does she think she is?

getting from class to class was hard to do on that day for donghyuck.

mark was at the mall with jaemin, jeno, and renjun, and they were having an after school foodie session.

they finished three boxes of pizza in ten minutes, scaring the families who ate there.

"damn, i'm beat." jeno burped, earning a disgusted glare from renjun. "what to talk about, what to talk about.."

"oh! did you guys see donghyuck today?" jaemin asked, whispering even though nobody from their school was around.

the only person from a school that they knew of was a student from pledis, a university that was located not too from from theirs. the pledis student was also a waiter at the restaurant.

the waiter was quite strange. mark would catch him sneaking slices of pizza into his mouth when it appeared that nobody else was watching.

"dokyeom! get back to work!" shouted another worker from behind the counter.

"yes sir!"

renjun leaned back in his seat. "chenle really outdid himself on that one."

"you know him?" jaemin asked, bewildered.

"of course i know him! his cousin seulgi always comes over to our house to have sex with wendy."

silence followed shortly after the chinese male said that.

"ahem, anyways, have you broken up with koeun yet, mark?" jeno asked, changing the subject to break the awkward tension.

"no! why would i?" mark questioned rhetorically.

"i saw her gawking at donghyuck, but then again, you were too." jeno deadpanned. "i know you like him."

"i do not!"

"yes, you do. you're just too dense to admit it because you're afraid to face judgment and rejection."

mark nodded his head in consideration. "that is.. surprisingly reasonable."

"what's so special about koeun anyway?" jaemin snorted.

"hey don't be mean! she is.. uh.."

mark couldn't think of anything good to say about his girlfriend.

he finally came up with something and said it as soon as it came to mind.

"s-she's a good kisser!"

renjun fake-vomited.

"we didn't need to know that, marco." he coughed.

"y'all are mean." the canadian groaned.

jaemin shook his head. "but we're your friends, and sometimes friends are always right."

"i-"

"don't deny it mark, you have a thing for donghyuck."

mark's shoulders slumped.

he sighed deeply and laughed a little,

"well, i hate to admit this but..

yes.

i do have a crush on lee donghyuck."