Day 1

Saturday 13th of April 2019

Obsessions

Obsession 

The state of being obsessed with someone or something

"She cared for him with devotion bordering on obsession."

• an idea or thought that continually preoccupies or intrudes on a person's mind.

Plural noun: Obsessions

"he was in the grip of an obsession he was powerless to resist"

synonyms: fixation, ruling/consuming passion, passion, mania, idée fixe, compulsion, preoccupation, enthusiasm, infatuation, addiction, fetish, craze, hobby horse

. . .

Obsession is something we all have gone through. If not prepare yourself.

For example, in 2011 everyone was obsessed with One Direction. Especially Harry Styles.

Of course there were people who weren't obsessed but liked them as a band or only their songs.

However, there are people who think they aren't obsessed but are. For example I have a friend that plays it 'cool'. She says she isn't that obsessed with One Direction but has a LOT of their merch.

What causes obsession?

OCD obsessons are repeated, persistent and unwanted thoughts, urges or images that are intrusive and cause distress or anxiety. You might try to ignore them or get rid of them by performing a compulsive behavior or ritual. These obsesions typically intrude when you're trying to think of or do other things.

What does it mean to have an obsesson?

When someone is obsessed , they've lost control of their feelings about the object of their obsession. The abjective obsessed is often used to simply mean "very interested" but when someone is truly obsessed, their interest has become compulsive, and they've begun to lose control over it.

What is the different between love and obsession?

Love is a healthy emotion that grows between two people once they've invested time and energy into getting to really know one another, flaws, pet peeves and all. Obsession is different. In the beginning in may feel a lot like love . . . . Negative feelings such as jealousy and paranoia begin to creep into the relationship.

How do you stop someone from being obsessed with you?

1. See him/her for who they really are.

2. Enlist your friends to help.

3. Don't let them validate who you are.

4. Disconnect yourself.

5. Remember that bad times too.

6. Find someone who makes you feel good about yourself.

What are your thoughts about obsession? Do you have any examples? Want to share them with me? If you want I can discuise them another day.

All the information found: Definition of obsesson - Google