00: In Principio/In the Beginning

DOOM: Puer Infernalis

Doom belongs to ID Software
Doom Mods belong to their respective owners
Kuroinu: Kedakaki Seijo wa Hakudaku ni Somaru belongs to Liquid

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Chapter 0: In Principio/In the Beginning]

-Eostia/Unknown specific location -

The Orc's head fell from its neck in a splash of red gore and yellowy mucus, its killer standing a few paces away.

The man stood tall and was well-built at that, standing at 7 feet and 4 inches tall. The man wore a dark green armored vest (or chest-plate, as they strangely called it as such in this land) over a tight fitting black shirt. He had damaged dark silver gauntlets with dark brown trimmings in each hand, both having black full-covering gloves underneath them entirely reaching up to his elbows. These were covered in dried blood and recent blood. His legwear consisted of brown cargo pants covered in damaged dark green paddings on the top half and damaged dark silver paddings on the lower half of his legs (currently covered in blood), with his dark brown combat boots (also covered in blood) lightly crunching the grass beneath him. His belt consisted of various pouches that were made of some sort of metal. Two small black circular pieces were on either side of his belt, the inner rims oddly glowing blue. His light gray helmet covered his face, with glass covering the area of the eyes being colored an icy shade of blue. It covered every part of his head and left his neck a little bit exposed if it weren't for the dark green vest's collars shielding the sides and the rear from attack while the black shirt covered the rest and still gave him a good range of motion with his neck.

In his right hand was a large and blocky weapon (a machine-gun), a dull tan color with a dark brown hexagonal box inserted beneath it alongside a dull tan box (a multi-shot micro-missile launcher) just to the left side of the weapon. In the other hand was a bloodied blade, with its strange black grip connecting to a sunlight-yellow guard with another dark-colored block connected to it, and its menacing long black blade was growling with various serrated teeth moving quickly along its edges.

Surrounding the man were Orcs and Imps... or rather, their corpses surrounded him and littered the grasslands beneath his boot.

The man had slaughtered them all with brutally quick methods, if their hole-ridden and mutilated bodies said nothing else.

It had been nearly a year since the man had arrived in Eostia and the first thing he had done since his arrival was to kill off this land of their greenskin problem. He showed no mercy to their ranks, often destroying the bodies to the point not much was left to bury afterwards when others had arrived to assess his damage done to their tribes. So much so, that the populace had begun calling him the 'Gore Knight'.
If one were to ask an intellectual, they'd say that he's worse than the greenskins or their allies. Where the greenskins would pillage, rape and burn a village and then return to their camp to celebrate, the large green knight (that's what they thought of him anyway) would burn one camp, destroy any survivors of the greenskins or their allies and quickly move to the next camp intent on adding more victims to his rage and bloodlust.

Still, they were glad his bloodlust and rage were directed at the Orcs and their brethren. Gods know what will happen if he sets his sights on the villages and the kingdoms instead.

The green man quickly looked around, his icy blue visor reflecting the bloodied grasslands and dead bodies before he took off in a seemingly random direction.

He passed the thickets of the forest until he came upon a run-down and nondescript woodsman's house. He had used this house along with two (technically three) others as a base of operations, which explains some of the lights coming through some of the lower area's cracks and openings (which were small, luckily).

Opening the door, heading inside the house and closing it quickly, the large man went over to a nondescript rug and flipped it to the side, revealing the large metal hatch underneath. Opening the hatch to reveal another metal object, this time a sturdy set of ladders, the man quickly slid down to the cellar below where his companions were lounging about.

The first one was a short girl, reaching up to 5 feet and 6 inches, wearing a white blouse shirt with red suspender pants along with grayish brown sneakers and bandages covering her hands (while still leaving the fingers exposed). She had short hair, with a white patch of hair just over her left eye that was slightly ruffled to her liking, with a golden headband/hairband on top. Her chocolate brown eyes complimented her thin frame and light skin tone. She also had a black double bowtie to complete her looks.

This was Jung Hae-Lin, a South Korean woman that participated in Armageddon on Heaven's side.

On her left thigh was a holster for her handgun, an Acacia Woodsmen Incorporated A-22 handgun, already loaded with a five-round .500-Magnum magazine and fitted with a compensator designed to reduce all vertical recoil and force it downwards.

By her right hip was a sheath three feet in length. This sheath holds her signature weapon, the Kharon, a 34-inch blade made from Hell itself fashioned in the style of a Korean Tachi, a nobility sword of sorts.

"Hey, Flynn!" She greeted cheerfully as she childishly waved at him. The large man, now identified as Flynn Taggert, simply nodded back before his eyes fell upon his second companion, who was busy loading fresh cartridges into his R&C Thunderhawk revolver.

The man had a pale purple complexion to his sun-bleached white skin, which was odd and unnatural, and was tall and lean with some muscle on him. Standing at 6 feet and 5 inches, he wore a dull gray poncho with black triangles on the bottom with a thick white line after it. His hands were covered in brown leather gloves that nearly reach his elbows, and he wore dark blue jeans with warm brown shoes. His face was obscured by the shadow of his hat, but his pure white eyes seemed to break the obscurity. His hair was a grayish blue, also kept short as it just barely reached the bottom of his neck. On his left side was an empty leather bag that slightly glowed unnaturally.

By his side was a skull that vaguely resembles a buffalo, but the horns pointed forwards rather than backwards.

This man was Corzo White.

Casually swinging the cylinder back into the gun and cocking the hammer back with his thumb, Corzo simply nodded and hummed in satisfaction before twirling the gun for a few seconds and holstering it (the holster itself sporting a miniaturized skull with to bones beneath it crossing over like an X, and the buttons themselves being fashioned to look like bones as well).

Corzo exhaled his breath, the chilling sound that caused the hairs on the backs of weaker men stand up, as he got out from his seat. To Flynn and Hae-Lin, this was a common occurrence with their silent gunslinger.

"How're things topside?" His voice was silent to the point where Hae-Lin had to strain her ears to hear him properly. Flynn simply grunted and gestured to his bloodied boots.

"Greenskins are getting tougher. And bigger..." He received a playful slap on the lower back.

"Aww, cheer up, Flynn-Flynn! Bigger guys mean bigger guts!" Hae-Lin smiled warmly, an infectious action that brightens up anyone's day, as she skipped over to one of the tables that had her weapons on it. Underneath his helmet, Flynn smiled softly in response as he nodded at the short woman.

Turning his head to Corzo, the marine asked to the drifter. "What did you gather from the settlements?"

The drifter shrugged off his tiredness and replied. "People are talking about you. They sounded scared when I listened. Heard from the barkeep that one of the Princess Knights themselves is looking for you, friend." Reaching into his leather bag, he pulled out one of his bullwhips and gave it an experimental whip, the sound crackling in the air as the indestructible rope struck at one of the walls.

Flynn's eyes narrowed. "Why so? They looking for a bounty?" Corzo shook his head in a negative manner.

"Nah, they were looking for you for their leader. Some high elf named-"

"Celestine Lucullus." Hae-Lin interrupted the two men, her Sabbath heavy SMG clipped to her rear end on a custom-made holster. "The Goddess Reincarnated herself. The most powerful mage in the land only rivaled by Olga Discordia, the Dark Elf Queen." She elaborated as she stretched cutely.

"If Lady Celestine herself wants you Flynn that could only mean something big is coming up." She said as she sat down on a cushion nearby, bouncing lightly.

Looking at one another, Flynn and Corzo raised their eyebrows. A goddess looking for Flynn? That made some form of sense. Orcs and various other lesser demons had plagued this land for as long as Eostia had existed, so having someone kill a massive bunch of them would gain attention of many individuals, a goddess included.

He broke out of his thinking state as he went over to the heavily used bench at the side of the room and sat down. The two circular pieces on the sides of his belt began to glow a dim blue, with Flynn pulling out his various firearms and melee weapons and set them on the bench.

After an hour or so of cleaning, maintaining and repairing his weapons (with Hae-Lin practicing her swordplay and Corzo playing around with his Nimurdal boomerangs, twirling them around), Flynn looked over each of his weapons.

For his melee options, he had a simple hatchet and his chainsaw. Not much to say in this department at all.

His sidearms consisted of an M40 Sub Machine Gun (a sub-machine-gun that has the grip and rear of an SR-2 Veresk and the front of a TDI Kriss Super V, modified with a laser aiming module and a suppressor, chambered in 10.16x27mm in a 50 round box quad-stack magazine), an M45 combat handgun (an olive-drab handgun resembling the H&K Mk. 23 Mod. 0, modified with a laser aiming module and a muzzle brake, with the magazine holding 20 rounds of 11.5x32mm), and the M500 Magnum revolver (which is essentially a more advanced Smith & Wesson .500 Magnum revolver holding a surprising eight shots rather than five thanks to its large size and non-fluted cylinder).

The shotguns consisted of the DS-117 combat shotgun (modified with the underbarrel grenade launcher holding four shots before needing to be reloaded, the three-shot burst module that can now be switched to quickly similar to how the 21st-Century Benelli M3 Super 90 shotgun worked, and a large quad-stack box magazine holding an impressive 30 shells of 8-Gauge 3-inch Magnum), his favored Super Shotgun (modified with a lighter hair trigger and made to fire 8 Gauge Shredder rounds, which are simply pellets that can rip apart flesh quite easily, as well as having four barrels to up the deadliness quite a bit), and the Reaper (a shotgun-like weapon he found in Hell that shot a swarm of homing darts made entirely of hellfire).

His long-guns consisted of the M30 designated marksman rifle (It resembled a mix of the H&K G36 and an AK-12 chambered in 9.35x51mm in a 40-round magazine, and modified with an underbarrel single-shot 40x66mm grenade launcher. It had a scope with three levels of zoom for various ranges), the M4 Heavy Machine Gun (The machine gun he held earlier, which he prefers to call it the Heavy Assault Rifle. It was modified for higher degree of accuracy thanks to the scope and a recoil-absorption mechanism. Its box magazine holds an impressive 150 rounds of 12.7x100mm HEAP, and with a side mounted 6-shot 20x46mm micro-missile launcher), and the Delta-12 anti-tank multi-barreled mini-Vulcan (the Chaingun chambered in 15x115mm High Explosive rounds inside of a massive 600-round drum. It has a secondary mode/form that involves him twisting the firing mechanism, trigger and grip included, to a more conventional holding style along with the chainsaw foregrip being relocated to the left side. This transforms the gun from a hip-fired mini-Vulcan to a more traditionally aimed heavy machine gun).

The launcher weapons consisted of the Ouranus VI MRLS (It resembled a SMAW mixed in with an FIM-92 Stinger. It was modified with the Lock-On Module and Remote Detonator both applied, with drum loaded in the rear holding 6 rockets of 88x150mm High-Explosive smart missiles) and the AGL-40 Sector Sweeper (It looked like a mix of a Milkor MGL, a Hawk MM-1 grenade launcher and an Armsel Protecta shotgun. It was modified to launch 40x66mm corrosive rounds with less ballistic drop and a 12-round drum magazine).

His energy weapons were still the same with the Dark Matter Pulse Rifle (It was the original Plasma Gun he had encountered on Mars' moons of Phobos and Deimos. As it says on the tin, it fires Dark Matter Energy with a brand new chassis to better accommodate the new energy type), the M2 Plasma Rifle (The latest Plasma Gun with the Heat Blast and Stun Bomb mods both applied. It was also modified to fire a stream of plasma that either freezes or melts the target as well as a Lightning Gun mode) and the Hellshot (An Argent-Energy crossbow type weapon modified with a more traditional buttstock. It had a night-vision scope on the top mounted on a rail as well as a higher output battery).

His slug-guns were the Static Rifle (Modified to charge extremely fast with minimal movement, not to lose any energy when standing still, and to fire a fully-charged shot in a rapid five-round burst. The weapon's bullpup loaded magazine consisted of 6 tubes holding five 13x55mm Electromagnetic Slugs each, totaling out to 30 shots per magazine), the Vortex Rifle (A portable railgun that charges up its shot when zoomed in, upgraded to do so quickly. It holds 15 slugs per magazine) and Evangelizer Gauss Cannon (with both the Precision Bolt and the Siege Mode modifications installed).

His big guns were his iconic BFG 9000 and the BFG 10000 (essentially a quad-barreled rotary machine-gun variation of the iconic BFG 9000). As last resort weapons, he had about only 20 BFG cells in his reserve, each cell providing a certain amount of blasts depending on which BFG he inserted it into.

Satisfied with their near-perfect condition the marine began to put away his weapons, the circular pieces, Argent Accumulators in official UAC doctrine/logistics, began to break them down into glowing blue particles that were then absorbed into the accumulators, and leaving two weapons of his choice on the bench.

Taking the Super Shotgun and the Chainsaw, Flynn began to head to the ladder. "Where're ya going?" Hae-Lin asked, making him pause in his tracks and turned his head to her.

"Hunting," and with that, the marine climbed up the ladder and out of the cellar.

Hae-Lin blinked once before jerking her head to Corzo.

"You going to another bar?" A nod came from the gunslinger.

"You're gonna scrounge up more info?" Another nod came, as she sighed in response.

"Alright, let's go. Better than sitting in this dump anyhow."