01: Regina Mercenarius et Inferos Hospes/Mercenary Queen and the Hell Traveller

[Chapter 1: Regina Mercenarius et Inferos Hospes/Mercenary Queen and the Hell Traveller]

-Nearby Wakefield/556 G.A.-

The Marine was walking back to his little hideout. After taking care of the Orc War Camp, he immediately began to his employer to collect his reward and get a lay of the land even more. A map's good and all, but you can't beat experiencing things yourself. So the Marine took the scenic route, taking in and memorizing each location he passed through. In less than two hours, the Marine already had arrived at his employer's abode.

It was your typical nobleman's mansion, all the grandeur that blatantly says "Look at me! Here I am! Steal my shit!" Flynn could remember the nobleman's shock when the Marine had returned the same day he had taken on the job. For a normal mercenary of this land, taking on such a difficult job and returning would take at least five days to nearly two weeks at most, but for Flynn? That was a mere Sunday stroll on the beaches for him.

Still, the nobleman was actually so impressed that he gave the Marine triple the amount originally negotiated.

That was a few days ago, and the following days were just of him killing off any Orcs or bandits. To be frank, he never really cared for what happened to the poor fucker that was on the receiving end of his fists, bullets, energy blasts, or blades. They all died the same way to the Marine, who simply pummeled and tore them apart until they were itty-bitty pieces or gunned them down into bullet-ridden corpses or melted down their bodies into molten mush.

Not one to look at gift horse in the mouth, and after pocketing away the large bag of gold, silver, and bronze coins (a massive collection or compilation of all the rewards he'd been receiving over the past few days), the Marine was on his way back to the woodsman cottage he, Corzo, and Hae-Lin call home.

Just then, his helmet's Head's-Up-Display or HUD was picking up on multiple heat signatures closing in on him. He could count ten of them, eleven tops. Slowing his dash to a slow walk, the Marine's HUD was indicating that all heat signatures were coming from the same direction, none really making any attempt to flank him.

Turning to face the incoming possible hostiles, the Marine pulled out his M40 SMG, safety off and set to 5-round burst. His ears picked up the galloping of many horses, along with the clinking and clanking of metal pieces.

Once the heat signatures were in vision, the Marine saw multiple female warriors approaching him on horseback. Narrowing his eyes from behind his visor, the Marine lowered his SMG, but did not keep it away.

It always was best to be prepared, even if you seem paranoid.

Taking in their appearances, the one that stood out the most was their leader, or at least that was what he presumed.

She wore... a scarlet sleeved leotard with a light blonde mane collar that had a plunging neckline that pretty much exposed her body from the neck down to just a few centimeters above her clit. The Marine's eye twitched at this woman's lack of modesty. The woman also wore light indigo-blue crotch-less pants with near-knee-length dark brown boots as her lower attire, complete with a thick dull brown belt. Dull brown fingerless gloves covered her hands. Surrounding her neck was a black choker while an equally black thin bandana was on her forehead.

The woman was around 5 feet and 9 inches by his estimations, so she barely reached his chest if she were to stand beside him. Her skin was that of a light tone, much like most of the other women on horseback. Her hair was short and messy, colored in a light magenta, which framed her face neatly despite its messy style. Her eyes were colored in a shade of red, reminding the Marine of the blood he spills while slaying demons in his eternal crusade.