Part 2

The stepmother and step daughters truly weren't fond of Cinderella. They couldn't bare her kindness.

Cinderella wished she could tell her father about what was happening, but was concerned of the consequences.

One day as all of them were in the village to collect supplies for the kitchen they heard the announcement.

"Hear ye, hear ye! The brothers Masons invite all the maidens of the land to their ball at the Mason Castle three nights from today!" 

The sisters all exclaimed their excitement while their mother was just as much. 

Cinderella was excited too, not just for meeting handsome men but going to a ball.

***

James and Stephen were walking along the valley. They had fought and feed from a cruel parent who was far from what they would call a parent.

"That child we helped is sure to find his way home." James reassured Stephen.

"Plus he vowed never to tell our secret."

During their adventures the brothers met those who knew they were vampires but swore to never reveal it.

"Did you had the invitations sent out right after the announcement?"

"Yes James, I did." 

"All over?"

"Yes. All maidens were invited, from near and far. From the village to the country-side." 

James was enthusiastic, he could actually meet his lover soon. 

***

Once they arrived home, all three of them couldn't stop talking about their plans for the dresses they wanted.

They talked, or rather boasted, all day long about nothing more but how they should be dressed.

Cinderella felt it was time that she spoke regarding her own dress.

"I will be fine in any gown."

The sisters burst out laughing, mocking her comment as if it were stupid.

"Do you expect to come with us Cinderella?"

"With you having no dress of your own to make?"

Cinderella was shocked and confused.

"Cinderella, you certainly didn't think the three of us would bring you. Besides, you'll be helping to pick and make your sisters dresses!"

Stunned Cinderella turned away from her step family members. Hiding the tears which pour from her eyes.

"May I be excused step mother?"

"OF COURSE YOU MAY!"

Cinderella left than around to fetch her small bucket for water. She tried to rid her mind of the cruelness of her step family members. 

Cinderella was a hundred times more beautiful than her sisters, regardless of how they dressed.

Cinderella practically ran right after, hurt and angered by their mockery. She went to the path which led to the water well.

***

The brothers Masons stopped near the water well to rest. Having walked for about an hour or more.

"James, I'm going to get some fruit from the trees. I will not be long."

"Take your time brother, I shall be here waiting."

Stephen opened up the his sack he was carrying with him and left.

Once he was alone, James began to imagine the girl he would meet at the ball. 

Their dance, the conversation they would have, their quiet moments together.

He smiled to himself as he had that happy thought.

"You will meet the girl you desire James."

Startled James turned around and notice the girl in a nearby tree. With her long dress and ethereal appearance, she looked like an angel.

"I will?"

"As sure as you are a vampire but with a heart of gold."

"Would she accept me for who I am?"

"She will. Your charm and handsomeness from within is what she'll look for. She will not be afraid of you nor Stephen."

He smiled, know that what he was hoping for would indeed come to pass.

James realized that he was speaking to someone who knew everything about him yet he didn't even know her.

"Wait, how do you know my name and everything about me?"

But she had disappeared at that precise moment he turned away to ask. James shook his head in disbelief.

"Was she a angel?" He asked to himself.

Either way, he was happy with the revelation.

James yawned and laid down on the grass as he continued to wait for Stephen. Slowly, he started to fall asleep.

***

As she walked to the well, she thought about when her father would bring her there. When she had reached there, she filled her small bucket with water. 

By accident she slipped some of her water on someone.

"OH!"

"OH!" James awoke and jumped from his short nap to check himself.

"I apologize good sir."

"For what?"

"I was careless and spilled my water bucket on your shoe!"

"There is no harm done. My shoes were dirty anyhow."

Cinderella looked up at the man and notice he was tall, with dark hair and eyes the same colour as crystal.

James notice she was a dark blonde hair girl of fair skin and was tall. 

"I didn't know anyone else was here." 

"Neither did it milady."

They both looked at each other longingly until Cinderella spoke.

"Would you like a cool drink of water sir?"

"That would be nice."

She gave him some water and he drank.

"Thank you miss."

"You're very welcome sir."

She refilled her bucket and waved goodbye. He watched her take her bucket and walk away. James felt something odd inside him as she departed. As well as wondering why he felt that he would see her again.