Part 3

Stephen returned with a sack full of fruit. 

"Sorry it took longer than I had promise James."

"Its alright Stephen."

They started to walked back to the castle. As they walked James looked around to see if the same ethereal girl would reappear. 

"Stephen, did you encountered anyone when you were picking the fruit?"

"No, I didn't. Why do you ask?"

James was silent for a moment than spoke.

"Nothing."

***

The delivery carrier came with the invitation that late afternoon.

"Cinderella, get the door please!"

"Yes stepmother."

Cinderella answered the door and was met by the mail carrier who handed her the party invitation.

"Your invitation miss."

"Thank you."

Before she could even touch it Cinderella step sisters pushed her and began fighting over the scroll.

"I SAW IT FIRST!"

"NO, I DID!"

"GIRLS, DON'T TEAR IT!"

Cinderella just looked at the three of them in disgust and went back downstairs to the basement.

***

The Masons brothers were busy practicing for the dance they would have. James had hypnotized some village girls into coming to the castle to help them. James later went and feed from them.

Stephen started to grow worry of his big brother. 

"Is everything okay James?"

"Yes Stephen. I just am worried that the party might become a dinner party then a ball. If you know what I mean?"

Stephen eyes widen, knowing what he meant by that.

"James, you can't be serious."

"I'm keeping my hopes up though."

James went to the balcony and looked out at the sky.

Whatever that girl told him he was hoping would come to pass.

***  

Highly delighted with the invitation, the sisters danced around and sang about how they would charm the Masons. Not to mention exploit their title for reasons of money. They browsed at the designer book of various dress.  Wonderfully busy in choosing the gowns, petticoats, and head-dresses which might best become them. During those three days Cinderella worked harder than usual. She'd ironed her stepsisters linen and plaited their ruffles for their dresses. This made Cinderella work harder and imposed stress. Cinderella measured and customized the dresses to match her step family member height, weight, and weigh.

Her step mother had chosen a petticoat, the first step sister picked a head-dress and the second chose a similar one. Each of the dresses were beautiful. Deep down Cinderella imagine herself wearing a beautiful ball gown like the ones her step sisters would wear.

She knelt down and prayed to the Good Lord.

"Lord, make me go to the ball. Let their be someway that I do. All this I ask in your name. Amen."