Chapter One

Shinji Sasaki...

Kyoya stared at the dark brown haired boy. His hair was a bit messy, and he had big round glasses on. He looked very short. Even his suit looked a little too big. But that didn't stop the boy from trying to stand taller than his actual height.

Shinji, son of Yuuto Sasaki, owner of a business his father has been up against for, what seems like forever. Kyoya has never not heard the Sasaki name get brought up at the dinner table. The reason why Kyoya was here today was that it was a business party, and Shinji's father gets the upper hand when he invites the enemy to his own party. So, in the end, Kyoya was stuck to attend a party he didn't want to go, to begin with.

"I'll have to admit, your father knows how to throw a party," Kyoya smirked watching the boy jump at the sudden voice behind him. Shinji, from what Kyoya had noticed in school, is a bit scattered. He's clumsy, jumpy, and shy. He's pretty much just a small ball of fear.

"Thanks," Shinji whispered. His index finger caressed his glass, of what only Kyoya could assume to be wine. Since that was seriously the only thing around to drink. Makes sense, since Kyoya and Shinji were the only "kids" there.

Kyoya studied the boy. So small, and quiet. The boy was about a head shorter than Kyoya, and they were the same age. Both being 13.

He's so awkward...

Kyoya tried talking to him. Everything he said was answered with a short answer. It was very irritating. He tried talking about his father's business, but Shinji just shrugged or mumbled his answers. He tried talking about school, but it seemed the boy had just zoned out. That's sort of what he was doing at the moment, zoning out. His attention was on the wine in the glass, and all Kyoya could get out of him were little noises like "uhu" or "hmm".

So Kyoya had decided to just stand next to him and watch the people around him. Bored, tired, and annoyed. The boy was a complete waste of time. But there was really no one else there for him to talk to.

Kyoya glanced to his side to see what the boy was doing after a long time had passed. But no one was there. He looked back not really thinking much of it until it clicked in his head Shinji had wandered off. He began to look around for the boy. He was just there a second ago. And he's so small, Kyoya will never find him...

He caught the boy walking out of the ballroom. Being the curious and bored boy he was, Kyoya followed. His legs pushing quickly out of the room to the entrance. Looking around for a sign to where the short boy had wandered off to. He heard the slight shut of a door.

Walking towards, what he thought to be where the sound came from, he stopped in front of a pair of wooden doors. Blinking a few times he pushed the door slightly open and squeezed in through the gap. All while not spilling a drop of his drink.

A library. It was huge, full of shelves, and a spiral staircase leading to a, he guessed, a lounge area. Then at the very end of the library, he saw a pair of glass doors. He began walking towards them.

Outside he saw the brown haired boy sitting on the steps that lead out to the garden. "You left," Kyoya stated walking towards him. Shinji didn't say anything, but he let out a noise to tell Kyoya he had heard him.

"I'm not good in crowds..." he whispered. Kyoya sat down beside him. Looking up at the stars Shinji was so interested in.

"I can tell."

It grew silent. A silence Kyoya was okay with. "Why are you nice to me?"

"I do not know what you mean."

"Our fathers hate each other. And I know for a fact your not someone who's nice to the other because he likes them. So what are you trying to get?"

Kyoya stared at the small boy. His words were not full of the shy Shinji he's used to hearing at school. Was that all a facade?

The boy glanced at him. Their eyes connected, and for a second he felt warm on the inside. Those grayish brown eyes looked... beautiful. But, Shinji had looked away before he could enjoy the warmth any longer. A light blush going across the small boy's cheeks.

"Wouldn't hurt to have a friend." Kyoya finally answered looking up at the stars.

"You want to be friends with the son of your dad's enemy?"

"Why not?" Kyoya whispered thinking over what his father would think of this. If anything he'll just say he's getting close to him for him to trust him. But, that's impossible since the boy has no clue what his family does. "Unless you don't want to be?"

Kyoya felt himself hope the boy would be his friend. Deep down, where he hid his emotions, he longed for company. But he tried ignoring it, telling himself it'd make sense if this boy didn't want to be his friend.

"I don't mind."

(Hello, thanks for reading. Hope you enjoyed.)