Chapter Five

"Keep friends close, and enemies closer."

Enemies. What really defines one? Kyoya wondered as he stared off into the distance of the room. His pencil tapping his chin, a mindless tick he had developed by watching Shinji. Though, Shinji winds up chewing on his pencil.

"What if my enemy is my friend?" He asked out loud, forgetting his sister was a few feet away from him.

"What are you mumbling about?" Kyoya glanced over at his sister. He blinked a few times as if to show he had forgotten she was there. Sitting his work to the side, he began to stand.

"Father wants me to befriend someone, though, I don't really want to."

"Than don't."

"But, if I don't he'll get mad."

"Then do."

"You're not really helpful." Fuyumi looked at Kyoya. Her eyes were wide in curiosity and confusion.

"Why don't you want to be his friend?"

Kyoya thought over the question. What was his main worry? He usually didn't worry over things like this. He was usually okay with it and jumped right to it. So what was different now.

"What if I don't have enough time for my other friend?"

"You have a friend?" Kyoya deadpanned. Running his hand through his hair, he spun around and began pacing.

"Yeah."

"Who?"

"No one."

Fuyumi squinted her eyes at him. Watching him pace back and forth.

"Become friends with both. Maybe this new boy will like your original friend. The only bad outcome is your original friend hates the other boy... or they like each other so much they ignore you... but that's all."

"Wow, somehow, I feel even more worried than I was," Kyoya whispered to himself, waving his hand around as he talked.

Summer... It really snuck up on the boy. It was their then it was gone. Now it was a new year. A new year for new things he supposes. Like a new friend.

Tamaki Suoh. He's already read up on his file. Learning the usual background of kids like him. Who he is. Where he's been. What's his family's company like. All the things he needs to know.

"Don't think too much about it, brother," Fuyumi said. Though, he could only really do the opposite of what she said.

Click

"Shinji, put that down," Kyoya pushed the camera that was all up in his bubble away from him. Shinji chuckled and took one more photo before allowing it to fall at his neck.

"Come on Kyo, if I want to become a famous photographer, I need to practice."

Over the summer the boy was gifted a camera from his uncle who just so happens to be a photographer. His uncle lives in America and from the photos Shinji had shown off, he's good at his job. But now, Kyoya is having to deal with Shinji's little phase.

Not that it is a phase, but Kyoya has a feeling he's either gonna get bored in two days or break the camera.

"Go practice on your cat or butler."

"I was, he's hiding from me," Shinji mumbled draping himself over the couch, hanging upside down and watching Kyoya. They sat in the library, in their usual hangout area. Kyoya in his chair, and Shinji taking up the whole couch.