13

Despite the fact that my brother was currently passed out on a broken table with a messed up arm (I assumed it was broken but I wasn't sure), I could only think about Richie.

I mean, him and Bill might be dead right now for all I know.

I shook my head to clear the awful thought. They couldn't be dead; I won't let them be dead.

Shaking my head more vigorously this time, I finally clear the thought.

My eyes then train down to my thigh. The gash has stopped bleeding, but it stills hurts like a bitch.

I laugh humorously, knowing mom will have a heart attack after seeing the condition Eddie and I are in. I'll probably be forced to get a tetanus shot, and if I'm lucky that'll be all.

Who am I kidding? I'll probably be forced to have a gazillion shots. I better get a bunch of those cute bandaids.

My thoughts are interrupted by an audible gasp.

I turn my head to see Eddie slowly sitting up whilst eyeing his hurt arm warily. His breathing starts to quicken yet again, and I really don't want him to use his inhaler for the third or fourth time today.

"You're alright Eds; I've got you," I say softly, rubbing his back.

"Shit, mom is going to kill us." Eddie murmurs, and I laugh.

"Yep. We'll be lucky if she ever lets us go outside again."

"Are you okay?" He asks me, looking at my thigh.

"Yeah, I'm alright. We need to find Richie and Bill and then get the fuck out of here."

Eddie's about to respond when he freezes, looking directly in front of us. I turn my head to see where he's looking.

"Why're you staring at the fridge like that? We can get food later. Besides, I don't think that thing eats anything other than humans." I joke, but Eddie doesn't look fazed.

And then I see it.

There's a glove coming out of the fridge. And mind you, when I say glove I don't mean a winter glove, I mean the stupid gloves that the characters at Disney World wear. The big, fat white ones.

And unless the clown is holding Mickey Mouse captive, we're in real trouble.

I jump unto my feet (thankfully my gash isn't deep enough to keep me from walking), and grab Eddie's good hand, dragging him to the other side of the room.

I can tell by Eddie's facial expression that this mode of transportation isn't ideal for him, but he was easily too shocked to move.

Resting Eddie against the nonbroken table in the room, I turn towards the fridge, ready to punch this sucker.

Horrified, I try my best to keep a neutral expression as the clown slowly getting out of the fridge, untangling all his limbs.

The clown slowly walks limps Eddie and me, mimicking Eddie's shallow breathing.

It doesn't seem to want me, only Eddie.

"Time to float." It says over Eddie's whimpering.

"Ugh... I'm sorry, but I'm really fucking tired of this whole 'I'm gonna eat you and then I'll turn your dead corpse into a fucking balloon!' spiel. Can't you just eat all the skunks and the rats? Nobody will miss those fuckers." I roll my eyes, not letting the fear get to me. If one of us is going to die today, it's not going to be Eddie. If I annoy the clown enough, it'll just eat me instead.

The clown turned to me.

Yes! My plan was working!

It suddenly shoved me against the wall, far enough from Eddie so he couldn't hear what the clown was saying to me.