wild ones!

-Layne-POV-8 months later-Elvis-POV-

"time to go son" Vernon said as I sat in the back of the texi looking at a snapshot I had taken of layne sitting on the hood of her yellow corvet, she was looking out at the setting sun in the middle of summer, she had no idea I had even taken it.

"what did you say pa?" I asked realizing he had said something

"i said it's time to go son, the planes ready and we've got people waiting for us at home"

"i know, i'm coming" I put the snapshot of layne up and got out before I boarded the plane headed home.

the whole flight home the only thing on my mind was layne, all I could think about was the look on her face last night when I said I 'I love you'

I know why she didn't answer me with the same because she always said she'd never fall in love and she had told me not to fall for her because we'd both end up hurt.

-year and a half later-Layne-POV-

it had been a year and a half since elvis left and took my heart with him. I loved him too and now I wish I had went with him when he asked me.

"Layne i'm gonna miss you" doc said walking me through the airport

"i know i'm gonna miss you too"

"don't forget to write and call" he told me as we stopped at the gate.

"i won't, bye doc" I hugged him goodbye and walked out the gate to board my plane

"bye layne!" I heard him say as I stepped on the staircase to board my plane headed back to texas.

once I landed home i came into the airport lobby and started looking for both my brother and my sister in law who had said the night before that they would be coming to pick me up.

they were late.....by 3 hours. i sat there waiting for 3 hours before they finally showed up.

once we finally got back home, i went up to my room and started getting unpacked when my sister in law came in with a shoe box.

"layne, I've kept all these for you, they kept coming in the mail at least 2 week since last September, they all come from elvis" she said handing me the box and starting to help me unpack

"you mean every one of these letters in this box is from elvis?" i asked

"every last one of them, their from all over. he sent at least 2 a week, the most recent ones came yesterday and today from Houston" she said hanging up the last of my dresses

"i never thought he would write to me for a year and a half without a letter in return" i smiled slightly sitting down at my vanity and taking the top off the show box before i opened the oldest letter dated the day after he was discharged.

'Dear Layne,

i know i messed up when i fell for you and i'm sorry but i couldn't pick who i fell in love with. layne please call me when you get this letter. i haven't been able to think about anything but you since i left, tomorrow i have to go out to LA and start learning my lines for my next movie. i'd love to have you come out and see me on set but i'm sure your probably busy with your new life so i guess i'll see you when i see you. i love you Layne Marie. -Love, Elvis.

"sky, I can't believe he fell for me even after I told him not to" I said looking down at the picture he put in the letter. a picture of me, he had without a doubt taken of me sitting on the hood of my car.

"layne, it sounds like he really cares about you" she said sitting on my bed.

"sky, i fell for him too but i know with guys like him it will never last" i said playing with a pen i had laid on my vanity.