Robot People Investigation Roswell Connection Part 2

Company announces exciting breakthrough technology combining artificial intelligence with robotic humanoids.

...Brilliant young engineer is reported missing in the Nevada desert after making the ground breaking discovery

I had just received my private investigators license and put enough money away to open my office. The economy was a little slow at the time and I was desperate to take on any case that would come my way. The first week I found myself just sitting at my new desk and staring at the phone hoping for a case. I found myself clicking through the television stations to catch something to watch to pass the time. I came upon a station featuring a documentary story about something to do with what they called an alien spacecraft crashing somewhere in a place called Roswell.

Stories like that never got my interest. I figured it was just a bunch of foolishness for no minds who had nothing better to do with their time except to run around looking for people from out of space. I mused to myself, if it takes billions of years for a guy from out of space to get here, why would he only come at night? Furthermore, if it was such a long journey and he was so advanced, don't you think he would take some time to introduce himself? Nevertheless, I found myself unable to switch the channel and a little ashamed of myself for not switching the channel to a news program, or maybe national geographic. "What if a potential client walked in and saw me watching a television program about men from out of space"? I don't think he would take me as a serious investigator!

About four pm on a chilly night in Oct. I decided to leave the office to get some air. About an hour later I headed back to the office. As I headed for the door I heard the phone rang. As I was fishing to find my keys to the main door the phone stopped ringing. "Frantically I got the door opened and made a mad dash for the phone! "I was delighted when I saw that the caller left a voice mail." The caller was a female who spoke in very soft and pleasant tones. Her message stated that she needed my services to find a missing person named Lawrence, and that I should come by at precisely nine a.m. to the address she had left.

I arrived at the address promptly at nine a.m. The home was in a part of town I had never been to before. It was a gated community and I was greeted at the front gate by a uniformed man who waved me by. Making my way up to the front door I was greeted by a women who introduced herself as Lawrence's mother. So as to keep the privacy of my clients I will refer her and her husband as Mrs. Lane and Mr. Lane.

She escorted me to a family room to have a seat and wait for her husband. After a few moments her husband entered the room and introduced himself as Lawrence's father. He then reached out with his left hand to shake my hand. It was very awkward trying to shake hands that way. "He looked at me in a puzzled way and then switched over to extend his right hand to shake."

The couple sat down on a sofa directly across from me. They both leaned slightly forward staring as if they were looking right through me. I found it strange that either of them did not say a word, but just kept staring as if they expected me to open up the conversation. I decided to start the conversation. "You left a message that your son was missing." " Have you called the police yet?" Mr. Lane answered "Oh no, we don't feel that needed right now! "At this point we are not sure if he is any danger at all. "It's just that he did not arrive home yesterday as he always does. "He has not responded to our calls, and that has never happened! When my husband calls his work number our call is declined. Mrs. Lane informed me that Lawrence's work involved artificial intelligence and robotics. She said that a few weeks ago he did tell her that he had recently made a significant new discovery! 'It was something that he felt very uneasy talking about!"

"He would only say that it had to do with a new form of robotics being integrated with artificial intelligence."