Rehomed (FINAL!)

When Y/N woke, she woke to two of the most familiar faces she knew. Thomas and Minho. They smiled softly as her eyes slowly opened, adjusting to the bright light. She was in a bed, and in some kind of tent...somewhere that definitely wasn't the last city.

"About time you woke up," Minho raised his brows mockingly and Y/N groaned. "You've been out for a couple days."

"Where are we?" Y/N asked.

Thomas grinned. "We made it to paradise."

"Oh," Y/N blinked a few times, trying to remember the last time she was conscious. "Did we all make it...?"

The glance Thomas and Minho shared terrified Y/N. But, instead of remaining silent, Minho simply pointed behind Y/N.

The girl whirled around, so fast her vision was blurred for a moment. When it came to focus, a familiar head of blonde hair was mashed up against a pillow. Soft breaths fell out of his mouth.

Newt looked a lot better since the last time Y/N had seen him. All of the dark veins were faded from his face and the heavy bags under his eyes weren't so awful. The veins in his arms were still swollen and the colour of ink, but it was obviously fading. The burning sensation in Y/N's own bloodstream told her the flare must've been cleaning out of his systems.

"He's okay?" Y/N croaked, turning back to her friends.

"Thanks to you." Thomas nodded. "You got the connection reestablished just in time to stop the flare from getting to an irreversible point."

"Is there anyone who..." Y/N's words faded and she stopped speaking. She didn't really want to outright ask if there was anyone who didn't make it to paradise safe. Luckily, Thomas knew what she meant.

He fiddled with his fingers and let out a heavy breath. "Teresa."

Y/N felt as if she'd been hit in the chest with a brick. Teresa was gone. Even though there had been a while when Teresa had gone behind their backs, she had only been doing what she believed was right. It wasn't something everyone could fault her for. And, I the end, she had once again worked with them to escape the city. If Y/N remembered the voices and screaming she'd heard while in the berg clearly, Teresa was the reason Thomas was still alive. She'd gotten him into the berg just in time before the buildings went down.

"Shit, Thomas. I'm sorry—" Y/N could feel her nose and throat burning, trying her hardest to make the welling in her eyes less obvious.

Thomas ran a hand over his hair, looking to the floor. "It's over. I'm glad you guys are both going to be okay." He sighed before ducking out of the room.

Minho followed Thomas out of the room with his eyes before looking back to Y/N. He sent her a weak smile. "Looks like he's waking up too. Should we get him outside?"

"Yeah," Y/N nodded and shuffled out from under some of the blankets and moving to help Minho lift Newt up.

Minho and Y/N slung Newt's arms over their shoulders and haphazardly carried him out of the tent. The boy could hardly walk himself, and Y/N wondered if he was even conscious. But, she showed signs of life. His feel shuffled ever so slightly in an effort to walk along with his friends and his breathing became heavier.

"I'll leave you shanks here for a bit." Minho slowly and carefully let go of Newt's arm and made sure Y/N was able to hold up his weight on her own. "Just call if you need anything."

"Thanks, Minho." Y/N thanked him and watched as he sauntered over off towards Thomas. The brunette had his eyes glued on a massive stone which erupted from a small hill which was located right between the sand and grass. Y/N could vaguely see engravings, and based on her time in the Glade, she could only assume they were names.

Newt groaned. Y/N nearly dropped him.

The boy took in a sharp breath, taking in air which was far different than anything he already knew. It wasn't the Glade and certainly not the scorch. When he opened his eyes, he realized it was the ocean.

It was one of the things he'd promised himself he'd get to see the moment they left the maze. But, he'd never make it.

Wait a second. Newt perked up and looked around with wide eyes. He was alive. There was no knife in his chest and when he looked to his forearm, his veins were turning back to normal. At his side was Y/N. They had been disconnected? If the knife hadn't killed him, the flare would have.

Newt tried to force out words through a dry throat. His first couple attempts failed, but Y/N waited. "Are we dead, love?"

"I don't think so," She forced a laugh though her tears. "We're safe."

"Ah," He mumbled, laying more of his weight onto her shoulders. "Besides, if we were dead—" He swallowed hard. "I'm sure Minho would smell better than he does."

"You could smell him?" Y/N questioned, trying to catch his gaze.

Newt hummed. "I'm pretty sure it's what woke me up. Or, raised me from the dead for that matter."

Y/N tried not to laugh. "He might smell bad, but he didn't raise you from the dead. I fixed the connection."

"You did?" Newt furrowed his brows. "We're back?"

"To normal?" She guessed. "You could say so."

Newt weakly lifted his head to meet her eyes. He was afraid to do so, knowing his eyes were probably still cloudy and dark. "I owe you one."

"Nah," Y/N shrugged. "You would've done the same. And it wasn't just me. Everyone helped."

"Well, I've got a whole bloody lot of thank you's to hand out, don't I?"

"You sure do." Y/N scoffed, smiling. "How about we start with those two?" The girl helped turn Newt around to face Minho and Thomas who stood a couple hundred metres away.

Newt nodded softy and with the help of Y/N, began to make his way to his friends.