Always

It was the last day of our break and I wouldn't want to end it anywhere other than the Matthews home. It had become my second home for so long ever since Farkle and I had become best friends and now I had Riley. The whole gang was here ending this hectic week. It had taken me some time to get used to having Lucas around but Riley was right he just wanted to be given another chance.

Missy was sitting awfully close to Farkle on the couch and I could tell they've been getting closer as friends even though they got on each other's nerves constantly. I guess it was true opposites do attract. Speaking of opposites I looked down at Riley who was sitting on the floor in front of me. I couldn't help but smile at her concentrated gaze.

"Come on don't let me down Lucas!" Cory yelled out. Ever since he found out Lucas wasn't a threat they had become great pals. Me on the other hand let's just say every chance I got to be alone with Riley didn't last too long. It's like he didn't trust me. I felt the sides of my lips curl into a mischievous smirk. He was probably right to be cautious and always send Auggie to supervise the two of us, I didn't mind though I loved Auggie.

"Come on Riley!" Auggie cheered hopping up and down in support. Riley's actions were hectic as she moved the controller with the curves she was driving to like it was going to help maneuver her kart.

Cory and Topanga leaned in closer hovering over the couch. "Loser has to do the dishes?" Topanga whispered softly and Mr. Matthews huffed in agreement. I watched in anticipation believing in my girlfriends abilities. We had been practicing since we planned this game night. To be honest not a lot of practicing happened but I was confident that she was good enough to win. Her character dashed past the finish line and the guy floated down announcing she was on the last lap. Lucas was right after her it was going to be a close one but she had plenty of time to pull ahead. They drove the track using boosts and items along the way until the finish line came back into view. Riley was currently in third after being hit by Lucas and his red shell.

"You're so close Riles, keep going." She's got this. I could see Topanga focused on the action on the tv. I turned back and we all got silent watching Lucas getting closer by the second until at the last moment a blue shell flew past Riley who managed to make it into second place. We watched as it made its way to Lucas who was only slightly ahead of her. Riley braked getting farther from Lucas and out of the blast zone letting Lucas get blasted before zooming past him and across the finish line.

Everyone broke into laughter at her win and Topanga broke out into celebration.

"Did you see me Peaches?" Riley put down the controller and stood in front of me.

"I sure did honey." I replied grabbing her hand and  pulling her down into my lap.

"Looks like it's all you honey." Topanga sang as Cory sulked heading over to the sink. Lucas popped up quick grumbling away from the living room and into the kitchen. He stood next to Cory and seemed to be helping with the dishes.

"I'm next I'm next!" Auggie yelled grabbing the controller in front of Riley and I. "Come on Farkle."

Farkle scoffs but grabs the other remote. They picked their characters and started their match.

"Looks like our practice came in handy." Riley leaned into me resting her head on my shoulder.

"Which practice?" I winked making her cheeks turn a shade of pink.

"The game Maya not the you know-" Riley lowered her voice grabbing a small pillow to hide her face behind.

"Embarrassed?" She nodded her head still not revealing herself.

"Well it was a strategic win in my books." I let up my teasing. I looked around taking in what the others were doing before I grabbed the pillow from her and quickly planted a kiss on her lips since no one seemed to be paying attention.