2x11 Part 1✔️

We're only getting older, baby
And I've been thinking about it lately
Does it ever drive you crazy
Just how fast the night changes?

- Night Changes, One Direction

*****

Mountain men all look the same.

They all wear the same green suits with little masks on their faces the only given indication that they're humans at all.

Ash knows that the people on the hill thirty yards in front of her and her companions with snipers in their gloved hands are Mountain Men from the moment she lays eyes on their hideous suits.

For she could recognize them from their scent alone after they shot her twice and left her to die in woods just a few miles east of where she is now.

She, Smith, and a few other Grounders had been hunting for food to feed their people hen they had seen the two Mountain Men. Since then they'd been crouching—guns, knives, and bows drawn—waiting for the time to shoot.

"They're getting ready to shoot," Smith observes from behind Ash. She's never seen him with a bow in his hand or even on his back, but he doesn't seem to notice her awe-filled stare as he aims at one of the men and their companions do the same.

Ash herself wills her body to become like the people surrounding her as she angles her knife towards the men.

"Fire."

Another Grounder's arrow goes straight through one of the Mountain Men and the other one stumbles to his feet as he runs away, two others following.

With their cover blown, they all jump up and run after the fleeing Mountain Men.

Briefly, as Ash runs with the Grounders, she wonders if the Mountian Men think that she's one of them. With her braided hair and new black clothes—she forgoes her green leather jacket as it was covered in dirt and grime—she truly looks like she is from Trikru.

The thought doesn't rattle her as much as it probably should.

Octavia—who runs ahead to claim the kills—looks similar to Ash in her black clothes and the warpaint that's been put on her face. If Ash didn't know the girl, especially as she slashes two Mountain Men without a single thought, she'd think that Octavia truly was Trikru as well.

Octavia goes in to kill the last men, her sword across the man's neck when Clarke comes from out of nowhere on top of a brown horse and yells, "Octavia! No! He's from Mount Weather."

"All the more reason to kill him," Ash argues.

"No, we need to keep him alive."

Leverage.

Clarke plans to use the man as leverage.

"Check to see if he has a patch kit or something, we have to get him back to camp," Clarke instructs.

Ash and Smith are the ones to find a patch kit and both of their eyes widening at what is on top of it.

Two pictures, one of Clarke, one of Lexa. Both of their heads circled in red.

"Guess we know who the targets were," Smith mutters as he takes the picture to his superior, Indra.

It's weird seeing him answer to someone else as she's so used to seeing him be the one people answer to, and she can't help but stare for a second too long.