round ii ❧ scene ii

"You again?" The traitor stared at the translucent ghost in front of them. "Can't you stop bothering me?"

The white and brown cat said nothing, his eyes flashing with malice.

To their chagrin, a spark of fear ignited in the traitor's chest. They didn't want to be scared of him, but they did understand the consequences of rebellion right now.

But despite that, they didn't move.

"You still haven't told me why you want this." The traitor's mew trembled, but they pushed on. "What do you gain from this?"

The shade nudged the living warrior into the den, not letting up until they stumbled inside.

"What-"

The white and brown tom ungraciously yanked one of the traitor's forepaws out from under them. They reflexively tried to fight back, unsheathing their claws and attempting to slash at the direction of her attacker.

The apparition pulled down on the foreleg in his jaws, scoring the traitor's claws against the nearest cat's face. The cat awoke with a screech.

The apparition faded away, leaving the traitor on their own.

I can't risk letting him see me... I...

Squeezing their eyes shut, the traitor dealt a firm killing bow on the victim's head.

They stood there panting for a moment, not daring to believe that they'd killed yet another cat. Another life stolen for no good reason. The fact that they were capable of this scared them- but the most scary part? A small part of then felt something that... wasn't disgust...? Part of them felt good to have this kind of power...

If the others found out, they'd always take me seriously. They'd fear me.

Fear swelled up in the traitor as they realized that they wanted the power to kill, to have full control over whether someone else lived or died.

Maybe that's what the ghost thought when he sought me out...

Was this his plan all along?

***

"How is this possible...?"

The Clan stood in a ring around one specific nest, giving a wide berth to the cat that lay in it. Shocked murmurs rippled among the warriors.

"This should not be possible. He acted like the guilty one, and yet he is dead now." Colliehaze leaned forward and sniffed the newly deceased warrior, eliciting winces from those who didn't want to go near it.

"Colliehaze, don't..." Quietmoss started to speak, but stopped herself. She stared at Colliehaze as she lifted herself up. "At least this proves his innocence," the silver torbie muttered.

"Don't be so insensitive." Sorrelbreeze nudged her away. "We need not deliberate over his past suspicious behavior. All we can do now is give him a proper burial."

"Then who do we accuse next?" Hollowbranch spoke up. "We can't-"

"We have nothing now," Fennelfox interjected. "Our only proof before was out-of-place behaviour, and now our target is dead. We should hold off for now, even for just one night."

Fennelfox looked at Falconsong; she was the oen who'd fought so hard to have a vote just yesterday.

But now, the white and cream she-cat said nothing as she stared at the cold brown pelt in front of her, lost in thought.

"Falconsong?" Fennelfox prompted.

"Fine." Falconsong stepped forward and slipped the limp pelt onto her broad shoulders. "We'll wait one day, Fennelfox, but just one. It'd probably be better for Swanstar to be present this time anyway."

Wavespirit dipped his head, wisely not critizing Falconsong's new consent for a lack of a vote. "Then the only thing to do now is... to send Stagrunner to StarClan with honor."

A/N I'm so dooooone

Also no vote cuz the deputy accused Stagrunner again and he's dead now (and by that I mean the randomizer did since the deputy is inactive) (don't worry I'll choose another one), it's not Cuminseed's fault

~Bubble